cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yanni99
Level: Powered On

Why are there differences between languages on web browsers?

I was launching my app that I have been testing for the most part of the month with no issues. Prior to launch date I went on prem to see if there are some last minute ajustement in a live enviromenment before launching. Instead of using my laptop, I used a computer with 2 screens as it would be more confortable. Opening the app I saw that there is a few differences between the formulas, especially with the comma and semi-colons. I say to myself "humm that's weird" and I continue to make the little changes I needed to make and saved the app.

Now, I noticed that there is 2 out of my 3 flows that have been working for the past month are not working. So I went into the computer, redid all my Flows from scratch, still not working. I worked on that for about 2 - 3 hours. No success at all. Can't get my head around what is wrong. The Flow does not leave the application.

The person that I borrowed the computer from returned so I returned to my laptop. Change a little something and then publish the new version. Well what do I know, the Flow is working again. 

Browser in in english on my computer but in french in the computer I borrowed. That is why it was not working. It's as stupid as that. Who would want to have their formulas changed for language? I understand in Excel maybe as it's been around and perfected for the last 20 years, but please, make the formulas the same everywhere. It is not efficient at all for people with multiple languages environments.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Why are there differences between languages on web browsers?

Hi @yanni99 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that your canvas app is working in English language, but not in Frech language?

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side. Actually, some operators may be depended on local Language within PowerApps. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/operators

In addition, you could also consider create a multi-language canvas app within PowerApps. Please check the following article for blog for more details:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/building-multilingual-apps-in-powerapps/

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/carlosfigueira/2017/09/08/building-multilingual-apps-in-powerapps/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,795)