cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
maikeru
Level: Powered On

Why does the 'Failed to load [data source name]' errror msg display during offline mode

Dear all,

I am relatively new to PowerApps so I might overlook something trivial.

I have create an app using one Excel datasource in OneDrive business.

In the App on start, I inserted this basic piece of code and switch the controller to use the CollectSchedule collection.

If( Connection.Connected, 
    ClearCollect( CollectSchedule, Schedule);
    SaveData( CollectSchedule, "LocalSchedule"),
    LoadData( CollectSchedule, "LocalSchedule", true)
    );

When running the app with the phone in airplane mode, the apps is able to retrieve most of the data from the cache (except the images stored as path). However an error message will display on top of the screen.

Failed to load Schedule. An error occured on the server. Server response: Not a valid connector Errorresponse.

1. Why does Powerapps try to reach out for the data source although the code logic should redirect it to the local cache.

2. Is there anyway to prevent this behaviour and block this error message? I saw on the forum a thread mentionning the Notify function but I cant see to which event the error message is linked. 

Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Why does the 'Failed to load [data source name]' errror msg display during offline mode

Hi @maikeru ,

How often does this error show in your mobile? Is this issue only happening on this mobile? Please try with other ones and web browsers to test. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
maikeru

Re: Why does the 'Failed to load [data source name]' errror msg display during offline mode

Thank you for your assistance @v-monli-msft .

I have tested this on 2 different mobile. 1 running iOS and another one running Android.

The result is the same. It happens each time i restart the app after enabling airplane mode to test offline capabilites.

JoaoN

@maikeru  I am having the same issue here on my app. I did the same offline code you did. Online works well. Offline there is the same error you mentioned.

=/

I tryed to do another code to do not loose data when app is closed

Please help us @v-monli-msft  =P

Saltinok
Level: Power Up

@maikeru Were you able to find a solution for this? I am hitting exact same problem. If I choose a different datasource like a database instead of Excel, it works fine but I need to do it with Excel..

maikeru

@Saltinok Unfortunately, I am still facing the issue.

@v-monli-msft Are you able to reproduce the issue at your end. Seems we are several the encounter the same symptoms.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,525)