cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
asdfaf4
Level: Powered On

Why forcing Power BI to only load CDS data via perspectives and not entities?

I'm trying to load entities in PBI and sadly I can only load via perspectives.  Even more sad, is the fact that only 2 custom entities are allowed 😞

Does anyone been able to load entities directly in Power BI from CDS?

Thanks,

Ben

3 REPLIES 3
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Re: Why forcing Power BI to only load CDS data via perspectives and not entities?

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your feedback - this is a known limitation in the preview of the CDS PowerBI functionality and we have work planned to allow direct access to entities. At this point I don't have a confirmed timeline, but if you post an Idea on the idea forums we can keep track of it there.

Regarding only being able to use two custom entities - could you please provide more details - do you receive an error? If you can give details on what you're trying to do and what is stopping you, I can discuss this with our team.

Thanks,
Clay.
asdfaf4
Level: Powered On

Re: Why forcing Power BI to only load CDS data via perspectives and not entities?

Thanks Clay.

Yes, sadly, I get an error telling me only 2 custom perspectives are allowed 😞  See the message I get.

Is there any workaround I can use to finish my project?  This prevents me from using CDS accross numerous use cases since I have to expose the CDS real time data into Power BI.

Thanks...

Capture.JPG

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Thanks for sending through the screen shot, while I wasnt aware I've confirmed this limitation exists. At this point unless your data model is compact enough to be presented in two perspectives (if the entities are all related).

The other option is to join the update preview program, which would have other options for you to build this type of report : cdspreviewprogs (at) microsoft.com.

Thanks,
Clay.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 236 members 5,451 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: