cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xilef
Level: Powered On

Will Flow break CDS security role priviledge?

If a user was assigned a security role that has only view priviledge on an Entity, and the user triggered a flow that will modify that Entity, will the flow fail to execute?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Will Flow break CDS security role priviledge?

Hi @xilef,

Based on the clarification that you provided, I think your flow would be triggered/fired well.

The "When a record is created in CDS" trigger would detect if there is new record created in your Entity A, if yes, the trigger would be fired.

Because you created this flow, the "Create a record" action in your flow would use your own connection (rather than the user's) to create corresponding record in your Entity B. In other words, the execution of "Create a record" action in your flow is based on your own CDS connection rather than the user's.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @xilef,

How do you trigger/fire the flow that you mentioned? From a Button within an app?

Do you create this flow by yourself? Or you just trigger the flow from a shared app?

I suppose that you fire/trigger the flow from an shared app, is it true?

When you fire/trigger a flow from a Button within a shared app, if you don't have edit permission to the specific CDS Entity, your flow would fail to execute.

Actually, when you run an app which includes a flow, you would be prompted to confirm or update any connections on which the flow relies. If the account you use to confirm or update the CDS connection the flow relies on does not have edit permission to the specific CDS Entity, when you fire/trigger the flow, the flow would fail to execute.

More details about sharing a flow connection within an app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources#flows

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
xilef

Thanks for your reply. I have to clarify my question.

I have Entities A and B, my user will have create & view permissions on A but only view permission on B. And I have a flow that is triggerd by "When a record is created in CDS" monitoring the A Entity, which will then create some items on  Entity B.

Now the user creates a record in Entity A in the App. Since the flow is triggered by the creation of record in A, there is no directly connection between the App and Flow. Will this flow then successfully create some items on Entity B?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Duplicated

xilef

This seems like relavent to another question?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @xilef,

Based on the clarification that you provided, I think your flow would be triggered/fired well.

The "When a record is created in CDS" trigger would detect if there is new record created in your Entity A, if yes, the trigger would be fired.

Because you created this flow, the "Create a record" action in your flow would use your own connection (rather than the user's) to create corresponding record in your Entity B. In other words, the execution of "Create a record" action in your flow is based on your own CDS connection rather than the user's.

Best regards,

Kris

View solution in original post

xilef

In this case, the flow will be counted as run by me, not by the user who created the record in Entity A, is it correct?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,292)