cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ROSSQIAN
Level: Powered On

Works in edit mode not in play mode-with sharepoints

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/The-PowerApps-app-works-in-edit-mode-but-not-...

First,I checked several related threads,but my problem is a little different.

scenario:

I created a list in sharepoint, including "mailto","category","arrive time", and "reason". Four fields in all and all of them are needed information.Also,I made "title"field not needed information.

Simply clicking "make app in powerapps"button,I get an app with view screen, detail screen and edit screen in powerapps.With some simple change like making "created time" field unselected,I get exactly what I want,and it works perfectly in edit mode.But when I publish it and come into play mode, problem happens.

problem: 

the problem is that in play mode,when I enter editscreen,fill the information to submit my new entry, arrive time field is highlighted with error message'An entry is required or has an invalid value', which just do not show up in edit mode.

Can you offer some help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Re: Works in edit mode not in play mode-with sharepoints

This seems to be caused by a known issue. The issue is fixed and should be released in the next couple of days with a new version.

Meanwhile, the workaround is to disable the "delayed load" experimental feature in your application. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ROSSQIAN

Some extra information:

1.I work in Japan, does there something to do with the region?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Form-rejecting-date-selected-in-date-picker/m...

I also checked this thread to change the Update proeprty to 

DateValue(Text(DataCardValue1.SelectedDate))

or 

Datetimevalue(Text(DataCardValue1.SelectedDate))

they work the same as DataCardValue1.SelectedDate ,works in the edit mode but not in the play mode.

3. In sharepoint the region is japan, and the date format I set is 2018/06/06 15:00

haleyradt24

I have been dealing with this issue as well and tried everything including rebuilding my app. I just fixed it by turning off ALL of the expiremental features and I have the date/time field set as not required in sharepoint but set to required in the app. I am afraid to set them both as required but maybe when I have some time I will play with it.

I also noticed by turning off the expiremental features the published updates appear faster. 

I hope this works for you too 

Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

This seems to be caused by a known issue. The issue is fixed and should be released in the next couple of days with a new version.

Meanwhile, the workaround is to disable the "delayed load" experimental feature in your application. 

View solution in original post

ROSSQIAN

Thanks, I disabled the "delayed load" feature and it worked.

emh
Level 8

I have been experiencing this same problem with release 3.19013.14.

Basics: PowerApps over Azure SQL, using forms to add new records to underlying table. Two date fields on the form are mandatory.

Resolved by double converting the date picker result in the DataCard's Update property: DateValue(Text(DatePicker.SelectedValue))

Thank you for the tip!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,839)