cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jsarnold
Level 8

Yet another CDS Data Error.

An App and Custom Entitiy that were working no less than 30 minutes ago has gone down again. There were no changes to the PowerApp or the Common Data Service itself.  

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/CDS-data-loss/m-p/25177

"The Requested operation in invalid. Server response: An error has occured."

It seems that all Entities are down again. We will be unable to continue developing in this enivornment, until Microsoft provides tools for logging and troubleshooting the CDS. We must find a more stable solution.

Please advise,

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Yet another CDS Data Error.

Hi @jsarnold,

Thanks for the feedback and apologize for the incovenience you have encountered.

I will collect this as a feature request, to suggest the Product team adding the monitor (better providing the troubleshooitng) feature for Common Data Service.

And if convenient, please also consider submit this as an idea under the PowerApps idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Olivier
Level 8

Re: Yet another CDS Data Error.

I have been trying to leverage the CDS as well, but it is really painful to create entities, and have the system lock-up, while in the middle of the creation.  I cannot erase entities which are half baked due to an error (without knowing what the error is) that happened while creating the entity.  I cannot edit these entities, so each time another name has to be used to create a duplicate (or triplicate) of the entity that is half baked but still in the database. 

I agree with jsarnold that Microsoft really needs to provide an environment that is more stable / allows us to leverage the CDS.  I suppose that a lot of developers are shying away from using it because of these instabilities, and in the end Microsoft doesn't really get a lot of feedback on the product itself (appeal, improvements, ...) because of issues that are very counter productive.  I would not classify this as ideas, these are more necessities for people that are willing to explore new features, up to a certain "pain" threshold.

Thanks,

Olivier

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,794)