cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not have permission to use this lookup

I am using the template help desk app and all was going well until I realised that the drop down menus were not working. When you click to drop tehm down it lets you write in them like a text box. In the editor I have a red cross error that states I do not have permission to use this lookup. Hope someone can help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
PhilD
Level 8

Re: You do not have permission to use this lookup

Same issue here.

In my case, the app's purpose is to request access to the site (actually just one main list on the site) so the person does not have access  yet.

Giving read access to the entire site, then breaking inheritance on the actual lists I need to protect (with patient info) allowed this to work immediately. 

The O365 connector will not work for a user without permission to the site where the value of the person dropdown is going (not just the list).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KickingApps
Level 8

@MatthewInwards  I just tested and I did not receive any errors.  You might consider reloading?

CBN1
Level: Power Up

I created an app with several drop downs.  The problem is when someone other than me tries to access the drop down they get the message "You don’t have permission to use this look up".  The app is built from a SharePoint list.  The list is on a site that has not been shared with the users.  The app has been shared - everyone can log in but they can not use the drop dox boxes.  

Highlighted
PhilD
Level 8

Same issue here.

In my case, the app's purpose is to request access to the site (actually just one main list on the site) so the person does not have access  yet.

Giving read access to the entire site, then breaking inheritance on the actual lists I need to protect (with patient info) allowed this to work immediately. 

The O365 connector will not work for a user without permission to the site where the value of the person dropdown is going (not just the list).

View solution in original post

schuess3
Level: Powered On

I am not sure if this is the same issue that I am seeing with one of my App users. 

noperms.png

Error You don't have permission to use this lookup. Server Response: Not a valid connector response. returning message as is: ("error_description":"Exception of type 'Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens.AudienceUriValidation was thrown.")

DataCardValue46 is a lookup to a field on a SharePoint list. The user getting this issue created the list. 

What do you think? @Audrie-MSFT @PhilD @KickingApps 

---------UPDATE------------------------
Even though the user was the OWNER of the site, this issue did NOT go away UNTIL he Shared the Site with himself. Go figure?
-------------------------------------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 319 members 6,739 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: