description=niceitem

qty=10

Thanks.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Re: add new row to gallery

you need to use the Patch function on the OnSelect of your button. The Patch function will actually add a row to your Data Source.

Patch('YourDataSourceName', Defaults('YourDataSourceName'), { number:111 , description: "niceitem" , qty:10})

--------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so other members can find it. If you found this post helpful consider giving my post a Thumbs Up!

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Pablo2 ,

If you are new to PowerApps and you are trying to manage records from SharePoint list, please try to start with creating an auto-generated app. Select Home > Start from data > Create > SharePoint(Phone Layout) > fill you SharePoint site URL, select the listed List name, PowerApps will automantically create an app for you. If this app, you will see that normally we use an edit form to edit an existing item or create a new item. Gallery is for showing all the records from data source.

But if you do not want to use Form control to add new items, and you want to add one directly with the data:

number=111

description=niceitem

qty=10

I assume that all these fields are text/number column. Then you can a button control and set its OnSelect property to the formula that @Pablo2  suggested.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pablo2
Level: Powered On

3 REPLIES 3
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

you need to use the Patch function on the OnSelect of your button. The Patch function will actually add a row to your Data Source.

Patch('YourDataSourceName', Defaults('YourDataSourceName'), { number:111 , description: "niceitem" , qty:10})

--------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so other members can find it. If you found this post helpful consider giving my post a Thumbs Up!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Pablo2 ,

If you are new to PowerApps and you are trying to manage records from SharePoint list, please try to start with creating an auto-generated app. Select Home > Start from data > Create > SharePoint(Phone Layout) > fill you SharePoint site URL, select the listed List name, PowerApps will automantically create an app for you. If this app, you will see that normally we use an edit form to edit an existing item or create a new item. Gallery is for showing all the records from data source.

But if you do not want to use Form control to add new items, and you want to add one directly with the data:

number=111

description=niceitem

qty=10

I assume that all these fields are text/number column. Then you can a button control and set its OnSelect property to the formula that @Pablo2  suggested.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pablo2
Level: Powered On

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,131)