cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenVitug
Level 8

approval type START AN APPROVAL action , how do i use it?

Just today, my MS Flow looked different and when i started to create a new Flow from Blank, the step START AN APPROVAL now has a new prompt to enter APPROVAL TYPE (Anyone from assigned list  / Everyone from assigned list)  .  what does each option do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: approval type START AN APPROVAL action , how do i use it?

Hi JenVitug,

When you use the Approval type “Everyone from the assigned list”, if you have several email addresses in the Assigned to field, the flow will not run succeed until all the assigned to people submit a response.

While when you use the Approval type “Anyone from the assigned list”, though you have several email addresses in the Assigned to field, once one of them submitted a response, the flow will run succeed.
Please try it on your side.

PS: Please post Flow related issues on Flow Forum, you will get the most qualified respondents at there, and other customers who have the same issue will share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: approval type START AN APPROVAL action , how do i use it?

Hi JenVitug,

When you use the Approval type “Everyone from the assigned list”, if you have several email addresses in the Assigned to field, the flow will not run succeed until all the assigned to people submit a response.

While when you use the Approval type “Anyone from the assigned list”, though you have several email addresses in the Assigned to field, once one of them submitted a response, the flow will run succeed.
Please try it on your side.

PS: Please post Flow related issues on Flow Forum, you will get the most qualified respondents at there, and other customers who have the same issue will share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 190 members 4,463 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: