cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bloodoff
Level 8

can anyone please confirm the changed behavior in PowerApps Forms (SharePoint form) - feature or bug?

Hey everyone,

I noticed (at least in my tenant) there is a different behavior in PowerApps forms - it doesn't properly refresh values when updating the item (without F5 refreshing the page).  It wasn't the case before (I've created tens and tens of forms within the last 2 years). With that behavior now, to make it work I have to add Refresh('Resource') into SharePointIntegration (OnNew, OnEdit, OnView) which feels like it's slowing down my forms. Can anyone please confirm they have the same behavior? If so, is it a new feature or a bug? 🙂 Thanks!

What I do to see the issue (really nothing in fact, it just looks like it's broken by default):

1) create a brand new sharepoint list;

2) create a powerapps form(!)

3) save it and publish.

That's it. 

pabug.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bloodoff
Level 8

Re: can anyone please confirm the changed behavior in PowerApps Forms (SharePoint form) - feature or bug?

@Pstork1  For anyone struggling with the same problem, the cause of the issue was an experimental feature Use longer data cache timeout and background refresh turned ON. That was figured after working with PowerApps support team.

Now the big question is I don't recall turning it ON and there is no other person in the company who does PowerApps.

@v-yutliu-msft is it possible your team turned it on for some tenants without their knowledge which would be bad since those are experimental features? 

pa1.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: can anyone please confirm the changed behavior in PowerApps Forms (SharePoint form) - feature or bug?

I am seeing the same behavior and yes I agree it appears to be a bug.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bloodoff ,

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem.

Please try to clean your browser's cache and update it to the latest version.

What's more you could try other browsers or computers.

If the problem still exists, please try to ask for help here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bloodoff
Level 8

@v-yutliu-msft thanks for your reply.

I had checked it yesterday before your reply and today - still the same issue. Those were brand new SharePoint lists and forms. Tried different PCs, incognito mode.

The versions I have are 3.19061.14

I guess I'll have to submit a support ticket.

bloodoff
Level 8

@Pstork1  For anyone struggling with the same problem, the cause of the issue was an experimental feature Use longer data cache timeout and background refresh turned ON. That was figured after working with PowerApps support team.

Now the big question is I don't recall turning it ON and there is no other person in the company who does PowerApps.

@v-yutliu-msft is it possible your team turned it on for some tenants without their knowledge which would be bad since those are experimental features? 

pa1.png

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I just checked some of my apps and I can verify that its not turned on by default.  Normally the Preview features default to On and the experimental features default to Off.  I'm glad you found your solution.

bloodoff
Level 8

I agree that normally that should be the case - experimental features should be off by default.

That was part of the answer from MS Support Team (maybe they turned it on for some tenants):

It's turned on be default when building. It should normally be ok, but in some instances like some issue it can hold on to the data too long.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I'm not sure how it got turned on in your tenant, but the official policy for Microsoft is that all experimental features are OptIn and are turned off by default.  I checked in my tenant and new apps created today have all experimental features turned off.  Not sure why its turned on in your tenant.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,645)