cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dinesh_Batchu
Level: Powered On

canvas apps with responsive

Hi All,

If anyone worked on responsivness application,please let me give example which gives info on

how to do? how to diffferentiate the controls on phone and desktop version?

For Example: Suppose if I have to display 9 labels in an application,

in phone version should display all labels in one column

and

in Desktop version want to display in 3 columns 

how to write a code dynamically so that works in runtime using responsiveness application.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: canvas apps with responsive

@Dinesh_Batchu 

At this time, you can only choose a Tablet or Phone Layout for your App.  There is no way to determine the device you are on accurately in order to adjust.

You would have to start with the largest format of Tablet Layout to cover both types of devices with one App.  Tablet Layout Apps appear in landscape mode on a phone (really not so bad of an experience for the user).  If you could determine the device type, you could do some wild control placing in order to adjust, but you'd still be in landscape mode on a phone.

I would simply say this - with all the work you'd have to do to adjust in formulas all of your controls for a different layout - you are better off just having 2 apps, a Table and Phone layout.

Hope this gives some help.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
TimRohr
Level 10

Like Randy says, you have to pick one or the other. However, there was some talk here a while back (I think) about a single app being able to accommodate both formats (portrait vs. landscape). If you wanted to build toward that future ideal, look at Parent.Width and or Screen.Width. You can render the sizes of controls, their position, and their visibility dynamically... either based on each other or on some fixed point, and you can drive your figures based on the width figure.

...but it doesn't do you much good yet.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Dinesh_Batchu ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to check if the canvas app is running in a Phone device or Desktop?

Further, do you want to arrange your 9 Labels within your app based on the platform (Mobile version or Desktop version) your canvas app runs on?

I have made a test on my side, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,957)