cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vaishnav4206
Level: Powered On

changing the data source of a custom Data Card

Hi guys..

I'm trying to create a custom form in powerapps using my sharepoint list (new request) . i want to add a gallery in a custom data card where it populates data from another list (ExpenseDetails). 

the problem is that i can't change the data source of only that custom card

the data is shown in the gallery only when both the gallery source and datacard source are the same, but in that case i have to replace all the other cards in the form.  Please help

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: changing the data source of a custom Data Card

Hi @vaishnav4206,

Do you mean that you add a Gallery control within a Custom Data card of your Edit form control?

Further, do you want to change the data source the custom data card connects to?

Galleries inside data forms have never been supported - if you try to insert one gallery inside a form (via the Insert menu), then it will not be added inside the form, but outside of it instead. The fact that you can copy a gallery from outside the form and paste it inside is a bug that may be fixed in the future.

The user @ericonline has faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Gallery-inside-Data-Form-no-longer-selectable...

I suppose that you copy a gallery from outside the form and paste it inside a custom data card, is it true?

If you only want to change the data source the custom data card connects to in your Edit form within PowerApps I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs currently.

Actually, if you copied a gallery from outside the form and paste it inside a custom data card, you could display the records within the embedded Gallery directly. Displaying data within embedded Gallery is not dependent on the custom data card.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnVisible property of the first screen of your app to following formula:

ClearCollect(RecordsCollection, 'YourOtherDataSource')    /* <-- 'YourOtherDataSource' represents the data source you want to display within the embedded Gallery in your custom data card */

Set the Items property of the embedded Gallery within custom data card in your Edit form to following:

RecordsCollection

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 204 members 5,333 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: