Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Caroline
Level: Powered On

collect won't update data source (CDS)

Hi there

I  have the following collect formula:

Collect(test_Course_Link,{Test_A2:LearnerID.Selected,IntakeNumber:IntakeNumberEnrol.Selected.Value, test_Courses:CourseIDEnrol.Selected, SWN:SWNInput.Text})

There is no error warning on the formula, and when I test it, it seems be doing something, but the test_Course_Link entity isn't being updated.

I tested it by changing test_Course_Link for a collection (test_collect), and it worked fine, so I tried to then push the collection back to the entity by using:

ClearCollect(test_collect,Test_A2:LearnerID.Selected,IntakeNumber:IntakeNumberEnrol.Selected.Value,test_Courses:CourseIDEnrol.Selected, SWN:SWNInput.Text});Collect(test_Course_Link,test_collect)

Same problem - still not updating the data source.

Any ideas on what is happening here?

(Yesterday, it would update the data souce, but with the two lookup fields (Test_A2 and test_Courses) ommited. I can't be sure though that the formula is exactly the same, as I have spent quite a bit of time playing around trying to fix it)

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: collect won't update data source (CDS)

Hi @Caroline,

Among Collect, Clear, and ClearCollect functions, you can only use Collect function to add records to a data source. You can also use the Patch function to create records in a data source.

Are LearnerID/IntakeNumberEnrol/CourseIDEnrol all dropdown controls? What are the DATA TYPES of Test_A2/IntakeNumber/test_Courses fields in this entity? Notice that when you add a record to entity, all the Required fields must be included.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Caroline
Level: Powered On

Re: collect won't update data source (CDS)

@v-monli-msft Thanks Mona. As you will see from the two formulas I tried, it was the Collect command that I was using to write a new record to the data source. (Please disregard the emojis - It has replaced my colons followed by 'S'.)

LearnerID/IntakeNumberEnrol/CourseIDEnrol are all dropdown controls.

Test_A2 and test_Courses fields are Look ups in the entity, and IntakeNumber is a text field (because the number is hyphenated, it can't be a number field)

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,757)