cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

counting no. of days

Hi,

I am currently working on a helpdesk app, I want to count the number of days the ticket was submitted until it was resolved excluding weekends. It is already working with below code:

RoundDown(DateDiff(D_Submitted.SelectedDate, D_Resolved.SelectedDate, Days) / 7, 0) * 5 +
    Mod(5 + Weekday(D_Resolved.SelectedDate) - Weekday(D_Submitted.SelectedDate), 5)

However, the counting of days should only start when both field "d_submitted" and d_resolved is populated. Currently it counts the number of days even if 1 field is only populated.

Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: counting no. of days

Hi @Anonymous

You could wrap your formula inside an 'If' statement so that it only calculates the days when d_submitted and d_resolved are not blank. The formula would look like this:

If( IsBlank(D_Submitted.SelectedDate) || IsBlank(D_Resolved.SelectedDate) ,
    Blank(),
    RoundDown(DateDiff(D_Submitted.SelectedDate, D_Resolved.SelectedDate, Days) / 7, 0) * 5 +
         Mod(5 + Weekday(D_Resolved.SelectedDate) - Weekday(D_Submitted.SelectedDate), 5)
)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: counting no. of days

Hi @Anonymous

You could wrap your formula inside an 'If' statement so that it only calculates the days when d_submitted and d_resolved are not blank. The formula would look like this:

If( IsBlank(D_Submitted.SelectedDate) || IsBlank(D_Resolved.SelectedDate) ,
    Blank(),
)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,138)