Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Martindeter
Level: Powered On

create a sharepoint list item with 2 datasources

Hi all, 

I would like to create items in a sharepoint list thanks to 2 databases : The sharepoint list itself and an Excel File. 

3 fields are Datacards from the Sharepoint column and the last one is a combobox from an Excel File in my OneDrive. When I submit the form, the 3 firsts fields are copied perfectly but I don't know how to copy my combobox. 

I tried to create a flow in order to update the field but the formulas isn't good.

Could someone help me ? 

It would help me a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: create a sharepoint list item with 2 datasources

Your submit button is going to need a patch function for updating the Excel file. The form is only connected to the SharePoint data source so that is the only thing it can update. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Your submit button is going to need a patch function for updating the Excel file. The form is only connected to the SharePoint data source so that is the only thing it can update. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

Martindeter
Level: Powered On

I tried to add the patch function :
Patch('Visitor List',First(Filter('Visitor List', Title = DataCardValue3.Text)),{VisitedPerson : ComboBox3})

The error seems to be Combobox3. I would like the VisitedPerson column to get the Combobox3 text.

Do you have an idea?

EDIT : the correct formula is Patch('Visitor List',First(Filter('Visitor List', Title = DataCardValue3.Text)),{VisitedPerson : ComboBox3.Selected.Name})

Super User
Super User

Nice. You beat me to it. I was just playing with the same thing. 

Does you combo box allow multiple values? Does your formula work if you select 2 values? I was playing with the ConCat function thinking you might need it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,026)