cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geneZebra
Level 8

delagation warning for in or ecactin with filter how to correct?

I am trying to rewrite my app to use a share point list rater than excel. Once I change the data source to sharepoint, I start seeing all sorts of delagation warnings. The following is a very basic example that according to the documentation should not be generating a warning. Unfortunately, I am getting the warning on the "exactin" function. How can this be avoided? 

Set(_User, Office365Users.MyProfile());

ClearCollect(_coBudgets, Filter(EttTravelAppBudgets, _User.Department exactin EttTravelAppBudgets.Department);

I am now looking to creating the applicaiton from scratch and this is the first error I am getitng.  The Department field is a text type in the EttTravelAppBudgets table which is a sharepoint list.

Is this a known issue? If this can be safely ignored, how do I remove the warning? If not, how can I reduce the data set since this seems to be the only way to isolate down a user's department from a list.

thanks,

Gene

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: delagation warning for in or ecactin with filter how to correct?

The exactin isn't a delegable operator in SharePoint. Try this formula instead:

ClearCollect(_coBudgets, Filter(EttTravelAppBudgets, Department = _User.Department))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

The "in" isn't delegable in SharePoint either.  The link below shows what is delegable in SharePoint.

PowerApps delegable functions and operations for SharePoint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

The exactin isn't a delegable operator in SharePoint. Try this formula instead:

ClearCollect(_coBudgets, Filter(EttTravelAppBudgets, Department = _User.Department))

geneZebra
Level 8

thanks. I got got that after I posted but also noticed "in" doesn't work which is delagatable. I guess there is a issue with the in operator.

THanks,

Gene

Super User
Super User

The "in" isn't delegable in SharePoint either.  The link below shows what is delegable in SharePoint.

PowerApps delegable functions and operations for SharePoint

geneZebra
Level 8

got it now thanks. 

Now I'm thinking I may be able to slavage my excel based powerapp vs a full rewrite. 🙂

Thanks,

Gene

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

In general SharePoint is a better data source than Excel, especially if the app is going to be used by a group of people on a regular basis. The key to working with SharePoint is understanding what is delegable and what column types to use when creating your list. The most challenging part in multi select choice fields because those aren't delegable and there isn't a good work around.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,535)