cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ALZamora
Level: Powered On

different answer types per gallery item

I've used a gallery before for answering questions where the answers were all either NA, Yes or No. Is there a way to have different answer options for each question on a gallery? Also, as listed in my table below, if question #5's answer is "No," then subsequent question pop up (i.e. 5.1 and 5.2). Could this also populate on a single item in a gallery?CA gallery questions.JPG

If this isn't possible, how best to lay this out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ALZamora

Re: different answer types per gallery item

Never mind, I got the form working with the same formula. Not sure why it didn't want to work yesterday, but works beautifully today.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ALZamora ,

It seems that this screenshot is an excel table. Normally, we use Gallery control only to view the data from data sources. 

Did you mean that you want to use a Gallery control to update records inside this excel table? For example, did you mean that you have the Question column data shown in the gallery, but leave AnswerChoices column empty and insert a control inside the gallery and let users to enter data in this control?  What is the control that you use for answering the question?

Usually, for single item, we use Display Form control to show the detail. And use Edit Form control to edit data from data source.

How would you like the "subsequent question pop up"? Will once the answer is No, make the data card for next question become visible meet your requirement?

Regards,

Mona 

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ALZamora

@v-monli-msft  Thank you for responding!

The screen shot is of my excel table that holds all the questions for the audit app. I was showing the different answer choices for each of the questions such as yes/no, NA/yes/no, or timeframe. My current gallery contains only question related to the "patient card" which are the questions in the excel sheet I had in my original post. Like a previous app I have made, each line on the gallery will make 1 new record in the excel table.

My first question is if there is a way I could have different answer types for each line in this gallery? For instance question PC1 would be a yes/no radio, but PC2 would be a NA/yes/no radio.

The second question involves question PC5, PC5.1 and PC5.2 with the latter 2 being follow-up questions to PC5 if they answer "no" to that question. I would like to have PC5.1 and PC5.2 only appear if you answer "No" to question PC5. 

CA patientcard gallery.JPG

I'm getting the feeling that a form is how I'm going to have to do this.

ALZamora

Hello again @v-monli-msft 

I decided to use forms instead of a gallery, but have now run into an issue with the "pop-up" questions. Using an IF statement for the Visible on the last datacard on my form, it works beautifully. However, when the datacards are in the middle of my form, they do not appear. 

Ex: all the indented questions are pop-up questions only visible if the previous question is answered with the trigger (yes or no). Currently the visible is just "true" so they are shown here. When I make the visible and IF statment based on the previous question's answer, they disappear and don't reappear when that answer is selected.

popup question in middle of form.JPG

ALZamora

Never mind, I got the form working with the same formula. Not sure why it didn't want to work yesterday, but works beautifully today.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 428 members 5,927 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: