Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abieba
Level: Powered On

exclude weekeneds in date calculations

Hello Guys,

i am trying to exclude weekends 4rom my dat calculations 

i saw and try this

RoundDown(DateDiff(StartDate.SelectedDate, EndDate.SelectedDate, Days) / 7, 0) * 5 +
Mod(5 + Weekday(EndDate.SelectedDate) - Weekday(StartDate.SelectedDate), 5)

but was not working well

Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Level 8

Re: exclude weekeneds in date calculations

@abieba 

Something strange is happening with your formula when I tested in my own app.  Please try my code instead.  It seems to correct the problem we are having.

RoundDown(DateDiff(TravelValue.SelectedDate, ReturnValue.SelectedDate, Days) / 7, 0) * 5
+ Mod(5 + Weekday(ReturnValue.SelectedDate) - Weekday(TravelValue.SelectedDate), 5)

Additionally, if you don't want the user to select Saturday or Sunday you can use this additional code

If(Or(Weekday(TravelValue.SelectedDate,StartOfWeek.Monday) in [6,7],
Weekday(ReturnValue.SelectedDate,StartOfWeek.Monday) in [6,7]),"Error",

RoundDown(DateDiff(TravelValue.SelectedDate, ReturnValue.SelectedDate, Days) / 7, 0) * 5
+ Mod(5 + Weekday(ReturnValue.SelectedDate) - Weekday(TravelValue.SelectedDate), 5))

Full details on how to handle Saturday and Sunday can be found in my previous post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Exculde-Saturday-and-Sunday-individu...

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Level 8

Can you please explain further?  I would like to know what dates you are using as inputs and what answser the formula gave.  This will give us the ability to test a solution.

I assume you are using the formula supplied by this blog.  One known flaw is the user cannot select a weekend day (Saturday, Sunday) or else the formula does not work https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/excluding-weekends-and-holidays-in-date-differences-in-po...

abieba

Hello @mdevaney 

i did not select weekend dates i used weekdays and was still not working as desired.

RoundDown(DateDiff(TravelValue.SelectedDate, ReturnValue.SelectedDate , Days) / 7, 0) * 5 +
Mod(5 + Weekday(TravelValue.SelectedDate) - Weekday(ReturnValue.SelectedDate), 5)

So its Duration = ReturnDate - TravelDate,  but the answers are not consitent. 

pic 1.JPGpic 2.JPGpic 3.JPGpic 4.JPG

mdevaney
Level 8

@abieba 

Something strange is happening with your formula when I tested in my own app.  Please try my code instead.  It seems to correct the problem we are having.

+ Mod(5 + Weekday(ReturnValue.SelectedDate) - Weekday(TravelValue.SelectedDate), 5)

Additionally, if you don't want the user to select Saturday or Sunday you can use this additional code

If(Or(Weekday(TravelValue.SelectedDate,StartOfWeek.Monday) in [6,7],
Weekday(ReturnValue.SelectedDate,StartOfWeek.Monday) in [6,7]),"Error",

+ Mod(5 + Weekday(ReturnValue.SelectedDate) - Weekday(TravelValue.SelectedDate), 5))

Full details on how to handle Saturday and Sunday can be found in my previous post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Exculde-Saturday-and-Sunday-individu...

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

abieba

Hi @mdevaney ,

Thanks a lot it worked, i have gone through my code and your i am yet to see the reason why mine was not consistent?
is there any thing that should load onstart or, any detail the system needs to do that calculation?

The "error" when sat or sun is picked also worked too and i would use that as well.

mdevaney
Level 8

@abieba 

Nothing additional is needed here. Should work fine as is fortunately!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 203 members 6,429 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: