Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tuhriel
Level: Powered On

filtered dropdown of a lookup column does not allow to display "Value"

I have two sharepoint lists: 'session' and 'event'

each session can be assigned an event which is connected to the 'event' list via a lookup column 'edd'

Now i have form that shows the 'edd' column as dropdown, but it should only display events which are not done yet.

this lead me to the following formula:

DataCardValue12.Items: Filter(Choices('session'.edd),Id in Filter(events, status.Value <> "done").ID)

So far so good, but this shows me the result as some raw sharepoint-ids which is kind of difficult to read:

I then tried the following fomula:

DataCardValue12.Items: Filter(Choices('session'.edd),Id in Filter(events, status.Value <> "done").ID).Value

Which then shows the correct values in the dropdown, yay!  Unfortunately, it doesn't save the value into the list that way, as it is probably missing the Id.

The strange thing is, that usually you can choose the which fields you want to display with the DisplayFields attribute. In this case it doesn't allow any entries though. It doesn't provide any suggestions and lets me enter anything I want, but as soon as I leave the field it sets it back to "[]"

2018-11-12 21_34_39-EDD App - PowerApps - Internet Explorer.png

Can someone please help me and show me where my error is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tuhriel

Re: filtered dropdown of a lookup column does not allow to display "Value"

Found the reason in this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/How-to-filter-a-lookup-field-in-dropdown-then-upda...

It seems there is no way to set the attribute which is displayed in an auto generated 

dropdown. After I deleted the original dropdown and created a new one in the data card it worked without issues with the following formula in Items: 

"Filter(Choices('EMT.Session'.Event),Id in Filter(events, status.Value <> "done").ID)"

as I could choose to display the "Value" attribute.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tuhriel

Re: filtered dropdown of a lookup column does not allow to display "Value"

Found the reason in this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/How-to-filter-a-lookup-field-in-dropdown-then-upda...

It seems there is no way to set the attribute which is displayed in an auto generated 

dropdown. After I deleted the original dropdown and created a new one in the data card it worked without issues with the following formula in Items: 

"Filter(Choices('EMT.Session'.Event),Id in Filter(events, status.Value <> "done").ID)"

as I could choose to display the "Value" attribute.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 338 members 6,925 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: