cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
octaking
Level: Powered On

gallery that fills controls on another screen

I have a gallery which only shows 2 fields of a sharepoint list and a gallery button navigates to another screen on which there are controls that I need to fill according to the selected element of the gallery since in this screen I will show all the fields of the list.

This is my list with all fields

download (1).png

this is my gallery with 2 fields

download.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: gallery that fills controls on another screen

Hi @octaking 

One way to do this is to use a display form on your second screen - this is the way that the standard 'auto generated' apps work.

On your display form, you would set the DataSource property of your form to your SharePoint list, and the Item property to the 'Selected' property of your gallery control.

image.png

If you choose not to use a form, you could add labels to your second screen and set the Text property using syntax that looks like this:

BrowseGallery1.Selected.SharePointColumnName

You would replace SharePointColumnName with the column that you want to display in your label.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @octaking 

One way to do this is to use a display form on your second screen - this is the way that the standard 'auto generated' apps work.

On your display form, you would set the DataSource property of your form to your SharePoint list, and the Item property to the 'Selected' property of your gallery control.

image.png

If you choose not to use a form, you could add labels to your second screen and set the Text property using syntax that looks like this:

BrowseGallery1.Selected.SharePointColumnName

You would replace SharePointColumnName with the column that you want to display in your label.

View solution in original post

octaking
Level: Powered On

thanks this worked for me

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @octaking ,

Have you solved your problem?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the a Display form control could achieve your needs. Within your next screen, add a Display form, connect it to your SP list, set the Item property to following:

Gallery1.Selected

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 185 members 4,533 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: