cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajkumar88
Level: Powered On

help eneded badly. Collection is not showing all items

Hello Everyone,

I am using a collection from two excel data source. ClearCollect(Mycollection,Goals_final);Collect(Mycollection,Goals_final2)

When I filter the collection on the gallery, it doesn't show the information. I even removed filter ad set

items.property = Mycollection. When I do this, I can see only 150 items. There are almost 2000 items in my each excel file.

gallery filter: Filter(Mycollection,Lower(Email)=Lower(userinfo))

Is there a limit on collection? I even tried to to flter data directly from one single excel file. But it still shows less content.  is there limit on how many items it can show through Gallery?

17 REPLIES 17
Super User
Super User

Re: help eneded badly. Collection is not showing all items

@rajkumar88 

The collections will not be limited and are often used for rare cases where thousands of records are needed.

I would troubleshoot this with the following...

Put a Label on your screen and set the Text property to:

CountRows(Goals_final) & " " & CountRows(Goals_final2)

This should show you a raw count of all the records that it sees in those datasources. 

See if those numbers are correct based on your excel files.  If not, then consider removing and re-adding your datasources.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
rajkumar88

@RandyHayes,

Thanks for your quick thought.

I did the test and for Goals_final it shows ZERO

and for Goals_Final2 ir shows onlt 500

I will re-add it now by ceating it properly again.

Super User
Super User

@rajkumar88 

Yes...sounds like an issue with that Goals_Final datasource.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
rajkumar88

@RandyHayes,

I recreated tabel and then quickly tested. Now I can see info from both the tables. However it shows only 500 from each tabel. is there limit on howmany items it can retrieve?

rajkumar88

@RandyHayes,

Do you know if this is expected behaviour? I can seeing an apostrophe before each column heading as well as before each content instead of all those content

'objective_priority_en

Super User
Super User

@rajkumar88 

Hmmm, no, it sounds like there is something going wrong there.  

I would probably clean the excel file first.  Make sure all the columns are the types that are needed (string, date, number, etc.) and then delet the source from the app and then re-add it from the fresh "cleaned" file.

rajkumar88

@RandyHayes,

Sorry I am not clear on this. you mean to say, delete the content from Excel file and then re-add back to new excel file?

And I am not defining any column type there. (for excel file). Most of my data has regular text except one column with "bullet points". Will that be an issue?

rajkumar88

@RandyHayes,

Looks like there is a limitation of 500 records dure to which it always shows 500 when  I do a filter. Not sure how can we use below solution in our scenario as I need to get details based up on user email address. But collection was not able to load all the data and it can only able to load 500 out of 7000 items.

Not sure why MS is making PowerApps that complicated.

FYI→ https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/500-item-limit-in-CDM-entity-search-filter-ne...

Do you think SharePoint list can fix my issue? instead of  using excel file?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rajkumar88 ,

1)  I suggest you change this limit setting:

File->App settings->Advanced settings6284_LI.jpg

Changing this limit can expend your colletion at most to 2000.

2)Yes, use ShrePoint as data source will help.

SharePoint is a delegable data source.

Please note that you need to use delegable functions to expand your data that can upload to PowerApps.

Here's a doc about delegable functions in SharePoint:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/500-item-limit-in-CDM-entity-search-filter-ne...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,823)