cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: how to display submitted value of a field somewhere else on the form?

Hi @cchan000 

To achieve this, you need to add a gallery and you can add the attachments as the items.

Since, DataCardValue11.Attachments does not contain the absolute uri for the attachments so you need to get that through a lookup to the same element.

Gallery -> Items -> LookUp(DataSourceName,Title = DataCardValue1.Text).Attachments
Here, DataCardValue1 refers to the "title" column in the data source. This lookup will fetch the absolute uri of the attachments.

Gallery -> Text Label -> Text -> ThisItem.DisplayName

Gallery -> Text Label -> Text -> Launch(ThisItem.AbsoluteUri)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
cchan000
Level: Powered On

I added a gallery and used this formula:

LookUp('MyDataSource',Title = Attachments.Text).Attachments

Attachments is the title of the column when i go to sharepoint.

is that correct?

also for these steps:

Gallery -> Text Label -> Text -> ThisItem.DisplayName

i'm not quite sure i follow, where do i see TEXT LABEL under Gallery?Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 6.20.55 PM.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @cchan000 

First, you need to add this lookup filter based on a key other than Attachments, so this should refer to some other property, let's say title:

To resolve the red cross, use expression: LookUp('MyDataSource',Title = TitleControl.Text).Attachments

Here, you need to replace the highlighted part with the control name that is storing Title value.

Second, to add a label, click on the "Add an Item from the Insert Tab", make sure this select the first item of the gallery. Now, from the Insert tab at the top, insert a text label and you need to use the other expressions on that Text Label. Through this, you should be able to text label in each row of the gallery control.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,904)