Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shabila97
Level: Powered On

how to retrieve 2 different column in one item in sharepoint

Hi,

I've create powerapps form and connect it sharepoint online. 

in powerapps, how can i retrieve submitted item in sharepoint online, but I want to retrieve 2 different column?

I want to read 2 column from the same item.

Lets say this is sharepoint online:

example1.PNG

I want to retrieve Sarah info and her date must be more than 2/20/2019.

If Sarah date is less than 2/20/2019, then the system will not show any info.

So i do on a button:

LookUp('Student', Name="Sarah") 

My question, how can continue the code to retrieve the Sarah's date (2/22/2019) either her date is more or less than 2/20/2019?

I can't do this, because the date is random from date's column,  not  sarah's date.
LookUp('Student', Name="Sarah" && Date > 2/22/2019) 

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: how to retrieve 2 different column in one item in sharepoint

@shabila97 

Not sure I understand that the Date column is "random".  What are you trying to say here?

Your formula you have will work against your case statement.

I want to retrieve Sarah info and her date must be more than 2/20/2019.

If Sarah date is less than 2/20/2019, then the system will not show any info.

Your lookup formula will satisify this case (with a slight modification):

LookUp('Student', Name="Sarah" && Date > DateValue("2/22/2019"))

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
shabila97

How if, I want to compare random student's date from today?

In powerapps, there is a textbox for user to enter a name. Lets say user enter "Sarah" then system will find Sarah's date and compare the date with today().

If(LookUp(MySPList, "Name" = DataCardValue1), Navigate(Screen 1, None)

here I want to look up another column "date" of the lookup "name" how shoud i do?

Super User
Super User

@shabila97 

So, if you have a Textbox which you are using to find the name, why not a DatePicker to choose the date?

Or to put it together in your formula:

If(!IsBlank(Lookup('Student', Name=TextBox1.Text && Date >= DatePicker.SelectedDate).ID), Navigate(Screen1, None))

That would navigate you to screen1 if it successfully finds an item that matches the name supplied in the TextBox and the Date >= the value chosen in the DatePicker.

Hope this gives you more to go on.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
shabila97

Hi  RandyHayes

If(!IsBlank(Lookup('Student', Name=TextBox1.Text && Date >= DatePicker.SelectedDate).ID), Navigate(Screen1, None))

On the highlighted code above, how if I use a label and set the default value toText(DateAdd(Now()) instead of using a date picker? How could I replace the code? Apologise, i still a beginner to powerapps 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @shabila97 ,

If you use a Label control to display today's date, and want to compare it with the Date column value within your SP list, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Text property of the Label control (Label1) to following:

Text(DateAdd(Now(),2))

Set the OnSelect property of the Button control to following (modify your formula as below😞

If(
!IsBlank(
Lookup('Student', Name = TextBox1.Text && Value(Text(Date, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) >= Value(Text(DateValue(Label1.Text), "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd"))).ID /* <-- Date represents the Date column in your SP list */
),
Navigate(Screen1, None)
)

Or

If(
!IsBlank(
Lookup('Student', Name = TextBox1.Text && Value(Text(Date, "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")) >= Value(Text(DateValue(Label1.Text), "[$-en-US]yyyymmdd")))
),
Navigate(Screen1, None)
)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

@shabila97 

No problem...

I am a little confused in that you seemed to indicate that you wanted the users to be able to choose dates.

However, if you have a label with a date string in it, then you can just convert it to a value for your filter. 

If(!IsBlank(Lookup('Student', Name=TextBox1.Text && Date >= DateValue(yourlabelName.Text)).ID), Navigate(Screen1, None))

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 123 members 5,360 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: