cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send an email or send data to powerapps from gallery items or collection

I have a dynamically created collection based on timer job(400 items) collection gets into gallery for display purpose.

Now I want to send this collection(3 columns with 400 items) to email and also to power.run(this data).

How do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: how to send an email or send data to powerapps from gallery items or collection

Hi @AmitLoh-Powerap,

So here you would like to send the table value using the SendEmail function, or using the Flow under PowerApps?

For the SendEmail function, currently it only accept string value with the parameter"TO, Subject, or Body", so if we would like to send Email with this function, we need to add a forall function, which means for each records (should be 400 times), it will send an email;

For the Flow, if the collection is generated directly from data source, then we could just make the flow trigger from PowerApps, after that, add an action to Get Rows (If this is available from your datasource ) from the data source directly from Microsoft Flow, specify the Value Content from the Get Rows action in the Send Email Body part in send Email action, after that, just add the flow.run() with a button Onselect property in PowerApps, this should make the send email work.

If I have any misunderstandings, please post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: how to send an email or send data to powerapps from gallery items or collection

Hi @AmitLoh-Powerap,

So here you would like to send the table value using the SendEmail function, or using the Flow under PowerApps?

For the SendEmail function, currently it only accept string value with the parameter"TO, Subject, or Body", so if we would like to send Email with this function, we need to add a forall function, which means for each records (should be 400 times), it will send an email;

For the Flow, if the collection is generated directly from data source, then we could just make the flow trigger from PowerApps, after that, add an action to Get Rows (If this is available from your datasource ) from the data source directly from Microsoft Flow, specify the Value Content from the Get Rows action in the Send Email Body part in send Email action, after that, just add the flow.run() with a button Onselect property in PowerApps, this should make the send email work.

If I have any misunderstandings, please post back.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Bri
Level 8

Can you explain this answer in a little more detail? I do not follow after the 400 emails... How would you send just one email with all 400 rows in the body of the email....

Super User
Super User

Hi!

I can answer you regarding the email part, so here's my thought about that part.

Since you want to mail one email-address with the content of the collection you can use Office365.SendEmail and Concat. Concat works with collections, so it will be quite easy:

Office365.SendEmail("address@goes.here", "topic", "Start of message, collection to follow: " & Concat(collectionname, columns1 & " " & column2 & " " & column3 & char(13)))

Depending on the values in column1..3 you might want to do some formatting using Text(column1, "formatting characters goes here"), and perhaps you want some other delimiter between the fields other than a space. The char(13) on the end gives you a new line for each item; just remove it if you don't need that.

Hope that helps, best of luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,984)