cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tejaswini1234
Level: Powered On

i got blank values in combo box and text box field when share point list item is edited using power apps

i have customized sharepoint list  in power apps and took azure sql table has Naame column which values in combo box appeared ,, when that combobox  value is selected ,its related address should shown on text box.when new form is going to create , its working fine and value which is seletced in combo box its associated address comes into textbox.

But when existing item is going to edited, that time   combo box and address field is blank.

i set defaultselected property of combobox to 

If(
SharePointForm1.Mode = FormMode.Edit,

{
'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
Value: ThisItem.'Vendor Name'
}
)

and default property of textbox to

combobox1.selected.Address

How do i solve it ? in update of sharepoint form, combobox and textbox which is used gets blank

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: i got blank values in combo box and text box field when share point list item is edited using power apps

Hi @Tejaswini1234 

Can you try to update your formula as:
If(
LookUp(DataSourceName, 'Vendor Name' = ThisItem.'Vendor Name')
)
Here, you need to replace DataSourceName with the name of your actual Data Source and 'Vendor Name' is the name of column which holds this value.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Tejaswini1234

Re: i got blank values in combo box and text box field when share point list item is edited using power apps

hii,,

it gives me error,, how do i solve it?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Tejaswini1234 

How are you setting the context for ThisItem.'Vendor Name'. Is there a gallery on the page? Can you share the error details?
Also, share the "Items" property of this combobox control.
Tejaswini1234

I am going to customized sharepoint list ,i took one dropdown list (Company) , combo box (Vendor )  and text box (Address), values of  comapany drop down list  and Vendor combo box comes from  azure sql database ,, when company drop down list is selected, its associated vendors should be displayed in combo box and when combobox value is selected its associated address should be displayed in textbox,,

but when on sharepoint form edit,, address , vendors gets blank. 

i used  below  but it gives me error like expect text value

If(
LookUp(DataSourceName, 'Vendor Name' = ThisItem.'Vendor Name')
)

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Tejaswini1234 

Can you update your expression as:

If(
LookUp(DataSourceName, 'Vendor Name' = ThisItem.'Vendor Name').'Vendor Name'
)
Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Tejaswini1234

Still it shows blank value

Tejaswini1234

combo box defaultselecteditem

If(
{
'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
Value: ThisItem.'Vendors Name'
}
)

combo box item property

Search('[dbo].[vw_FlowAutomation_Vendors]_1',DataCardValue3.Selected.Value,"Company")

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,928)