cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrischkePro
Level: Powered On

iOS 13 public beta numeric keypad missing decimal point

I noticed today that the numeric keypad on iOS 13 or iOS 13.1 public beta 4 is now showing numeric keypad with numbers only, no decimal point key.

There is no option for a decimal point anymore...

Edited 20/09/2019: updated info about iOS 13 since it was officially released. No decimal point on iOS 13 nor on iOS 13.1pb4.
17 REPLIES 17
K-A-R-L
Level 10

Re: iOS numeric keypad missing decimal point

Hi @GrischkePro ,

Can you please check and make sure that your iOS software is up-to-date.

Thanks,
K-A-R-L

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @GrischkePro ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the decimal point is missed from the keypad on your iOS device?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side (on my iPhone X device), and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The version of PowerApps Mobile App on my side iOS device is 3.19064.10. The version of my iOS device is 12.3.1.

Please check the if the version of the PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device is the latest version, if not, please consider upgrade it to the latest version, then run your app again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also check if the version of your Mobile device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it to the latest version, then run your app again, check if the issue is fixed.

If the issue still exists, please consider uninsall the PowerApps Mobile App from your Mobile device, then re-install it again, check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GrischkePro

I just realised that this is happening on iOS 13 public beta. The full keyboard works fine on iOS 12.3.1.

I still think this needs to be addressed sooner or later.

Thanks.

PowerApps Staff miglisic
PowerApps Staff

We are looking into this. On some Android phones as well, the numeric keyboard doesn't include . or - symbols. To work around this, you should set VirtualKeyboardMode to Text on those instances of TextInput where decimals or negative numbers are acceptable inputs. This will force the full keyboard to be displayed on all devices.

I hope this helps.

stravers

I Can confirm that this issue still exists on ios13 production version and the suggested fix is a good workaround for now. It woudl be good to be able to use the numeric keypad for decimal number (currency) input in the long run once a fix is available.

GrischkePro

Yep, still no decimal point option and I haven’t applied any fixes for users on iOS 12. Now they’ll start complaining I better “fix” it quickly.

🤬
DNS4ever
Level: Power Up

Re: iOS 13 public beta numeric keypad missing decimal point

I can confirm the problem with the release of iOS13, the virtualkeyboard.numbers changed and no "," or either "." is available. Not sure if this is something which needs to be adressed by Apple or Microsoft. Fact is, that the problem is there.

A workaround is to use virtualkeyboardmode.text instead of virtualkeyboardmode.auto or virtualkeyboardmode.numeric but of course layout is a bit different and a little less productive compared to usage before using iOS 12.x (just assume you've a field where you're providing the amount of an expense so the "." or "," plays a major role)

Regards,

Dennis

crf200

Here is a screenshot from a public release iOS 13 device. All software is up to date with generally available software rather than any beta releases.

The 'Amount' field is set up as a number field and causes the numeric keyboard to be used, however the iOS 13 numeric keyboard doesn't include any characters. Would it be possible to get the iOS PowerApp to treat the number field as any other field but enforce numeric input? It would be a fix for now while other solutions are explored. 

ff1_12

Re: iOS 13 public beta numeric keypad missing decimal point

Hello everybody,

Do you have news about this problem?
I meet the same issue with my Iphone, i updated it on ios 13.1.2 and now i can't put the negative or decimal point with the numerical keyboard (VirtualKeyboardMode.Numeric).

Actually my solution is replace "Auto" to "Text" for this key "VirtualKeyboardMode"

PowerApps version 3.19095.18 on IOS 13.1.2

PowerApps version 3.19094.22 on web

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,625)