cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bnewman
Level: Powered On

iOS PowerApp not allowing copy/paste in more than two text controls

I've built a PowerApp based on a SharePoint list.  The PowerApp contains four text controls, along with various other controls.  

When using the PowerApp in the browser on with the Android PowerApps app, I am able to copy and paste into any of the text controls.  When using the same PowerApp in the iOS PowerApps app, I am only able to copy and paste into the first two text controls.  I've validated this by taking the fourth text control (which I could not paste into), then moving it up on the PowerApp to be the first control.  After publishing, I could then paste into that control BUT could no longer paste into the third control (which I used to be able to paste into, because it was the second control).  Basically, any text control that is one of the first two text controls on the PowerApp can be pasted into.

I'm running this on an iPhone Xr with iOS 13.1.3.  I have validated this problem on iPhone 8s as well running an earlier version of iOS.  I've cleared my cache in the PowerApps app - no change.  Same exact PowerApp works in Android, but not in iOS.

Anyone run into this?  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

Re: iOS PowerApp not allowing copy/paste in more than two text controls

This is a known Apple bug with text editing. It occurs for versions iOS 13 to 13.1.3. It is fixed in 13.2.

Here are the signs of the bug:

• Happens mostly to text inputs in the bottom half of the app, where the keyboard might appear.
  • Text cursor is not visible.
  • Context menu (for copy, paste, select all) is not visible when long-pressing on the input.
  • Text input is not automatically scrolled into view if the keyboard is blocking it.
  • Sometimes, there will be a lot of empty space added to the bottom of the app.

Let us know if you still see the same problem in iOS 13.2.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bnewman ,

Do you mean that you can not copy words to more than two textinputs in ios device?

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

2019-10-29+142324.png

All the data in other three textinputs come from the data in the first textinput(copy).

My PowerApps version: 3.19102.21

My device system: iphonexs ios12.4.1

I suggest you uninstall your PowerApps, reinstall the latest version and try again.

If the problem still exists, I suggest you ask for help here:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

This is a known Apple bug with text editing. It occurs for versions iOS 13 to 13.1.3. It is fixed in 13.2.

Here are the signs of the bug:

• Happens mostly to text inputs in the bottom half of the app, where the keyboard might appear.
  • Text cursor is not visible.
  • Context menu (for copy, paste, select all) is not visible when long-pressing on the input.
  • Text input is not automatically scrolled into view if the keyboard is blocking it.
  • Sometimes, there will be a lot of empty space added to the bottom of the app.

Let us know if you still see the same problem in iOS 13.2.

View solution in original post

bnewman
Level: Powered On

@tahoon -THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I'd been going crazy this morning trying to figure out exactly WHY and HOW the problem was occurring - moving text controls all over on PowerApps, changing settings, ....

I updated my iPhone to 13.2 and the problem went away!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,023)