cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thefurst
Level: Power Up

iOS Screen Scaling Issues

Hello, I have been working on an app for quite some time now and I have run into a lot of issues specifically regarding screen scaling across multiple devices. Most of the issues have been resolved but there is still an issue specifically regarding iOS devices. After a lot of testing across multiple different devices it appears that the screens are scaling properly for all screen sizes, Small-ExtraLarge. However, when using iOS devices the scaling becomes thrown off after using a control field, such as a combo box, text input, or even rotating the device between landscape and portrait mode.

When clicking into a combobox to make a seclection, the width of the dropdown options is much narrower than the width of the the combox itself. If i compare this to the behavior of Android devices, the width of options on the dropdown is the same width as the combobox itself.

Another issue regarding iOS devices happens when rotating the device between landscape and portrait mode. When rotating to landscape from portrait, then back to portrait mode, the screen width and height (Parent.Height and Parent.Width) does not seem to update with the propper values of the device. This leads to both screen width and heights becoming unaccurate, and the PowerApp screens will not span across the device correctly. The screens will then become stuck with these incorrect values, leading to a bad user experience. This does not happen on Android devices, only iOS.

For clarification on how I am scaling objects, all of them on screen are scaled based off of some percentage of Parent.Width and Parent.Height respectively. Screens are scaled by the default values Max(App.With/Height, Design.Width/Height). With this being said I dont think this is an issue regarding how I am scaling my screens or objects, but may be an issue with how the PowerApp container app itself is scaling on iOS. Has anyone experienced a similar issue, or found a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
ZackMarshall
Level: Powered On

Re: iOS Screen Scaling Issues

Here are some images of this issue occuring on iOS (iPhone 10):

20191028_145841000_iOS.pngWhen selecting the combo box20191028_145845000_iOS.png20191028_145916000_iOS.pngWhen shifting between landsape and portrait by shifting device

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Hi @ZackMarshall and @thefurst are you still experiencing this issue with iOs devices? 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

ZackMarshall

@TopShelf-MSFT Yes, we are experiencing this issue with all iOS Devices using PowerApps application from App Store.

ZackMarshall

Hi @TopShelf-MSFT - any updates on this? We have a client who will possibly delay go-live of the Application due to this. 

@thefurst 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,013)