cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lknudson
Level: Powered On

Re: iPad app not loading with ver 3.18061.12

I have re-saved and run under the 3.180622.3 version and continues to hang on load.  Is there any more progress on this?

PowerApps Staff Ryanmch
PowerApps Staff

Hi lknudson,

After you re-saved, did you also publish the newly saved version? 

Can you provide an updated session id as well?

Thanks,

Ryan McHenry

PowerApps Engineering

Andrew1

my new Session ID: cad29001-bd1b-4ca2-bcac-c4e4b8747cac

lknudson

Yes, I did republish.

Session ID: 54d594c9-0634-419d-8bd3-091cf25d31ad

Thanks!

PowerApps Staff Ryanmch
PowerApps Staff

Thank you for providing the updated session ids.

Are you able to also provide a fiddler trace for the affected devices?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Ryanmch

Please provide a tutorial on how to setup Fiddler and perform such a trace. I cannot find PowerApps debugging information anywhere in the documentation. This is a must, especially if you are asking for if from Users. 

With "low-code apps", you (microsoft) own all the code and the bugs. If we need to quickly help find what is wrong, we need the tools to do so. I'm preparing to deploy a single PowerApp for daily use to ~700 people within my org.

Is PowerApps ready for prime time? 

These types of "unkown errors" and "slow downs" cause me great concern.

The community needs you to show us how to debug these apps effectively and where to report issues when they do arise. Will you help us?

Thank you

PowerApps Staff Ryanmch
PowerApps Staff

Here is a link to documentation on capturing traffic with Fiddler on iOS: http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/Configure-Fiddler/Tasks/ConfigureForiOS

I understand your concerns. When you encounter issues, you can report them on the community forum which is actively monitored or through other support channels you may have to PowerApps.

Super User
Super User

Its very difficult for me to consider "posting an issue to the forum" as an enterprise-level form of support. Especially for mission-critical applications.  

We are more than happy as an org deploying PowerApps to debug, triage, and FORMALLY submit tickets through a process that Microsoft establishes, but submitting to a forum feels a bit "black box" (the request goes in, who knows when or what comes out). 

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trolling by any means. I've been evangelizing your product with my (fortune 100) organization and actively developing apps. We're at the point now where these apps are about to hit hundreds and thousands of internal users. To pass issues to the forum isn't a typical method of enterprise support. 

It may be that I'm just not used to the method. I'm active on the forums already and know the high caliber of responses, just nervous about relying on this method for critical support. 

PowerApps Staff Ying
PowerApps Staff

We have created a support ticket to root cause the issue; engineering investigative work is still in progress. Thank you for your patience.

Microsoft Employee

@ericonline, can you send me an email: faisalil at microsoft.com. I want to help debug this issue. The info that we have so far is not enough to provide a fix. 

Another thing, PowerApps does provide a way to open support tickets (entriprise level support) outside the fourm and using that, you can talk with our support team and get issues to engineers ASAP. Also, its worth mentioning that we also monitor the fourm as much as we can. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 175 members 5,492 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: