Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeihoSilver
Level: Powered On

Re: is UpdateIf delegable or not?

Hi @Cam ,

Thank you for the reply. 

I tested another scenario and it works (not sure if it will work all the time - need to follow up the performance).

I'm using a Data Table to show my records (around 1500 records so far) and I have separate Edit Form based on the selection from the Data Table. However, I filter the Data Table to show only the relevant data for the user which in this case is just below 500 records per selected filter (my delegable max records is set to be 500)

I added UpdateIf function in a separate save button connected to the edit form to update the Data Table. 

When I tested records which are located between 1000-1500, the UpdateIf function works.

So Instead of having the Filter () and UpdateIf () once after another in the same formula bar, it might work best to separate it completely ( I haven't tested thoroughly and repeatedly with bigger records) and set the max number of records to show in the data table as just below the max delegable records. 

I might think, if the filter and updateif function is placed once after another in the same formula bar, it might have the same effect like "ForAll" function as follow

"..When writing your formula, keep in mind that records can be processed in any order and, when possible, in parallel..."

(that's why it might not work all the time? ) - again as you mentioned this has not been proven yet by the Microsoft and might not be reliable.

Cam
Level: Powered On

Re: is UpdateIf delegable or not?

"When I tested"

my issue was not doing my testing correctly 😞

when i was testing, i was using the app on my desktop pc, connected via ethernet, in the office.

everything was working fine.

then when i deployed it to production, using the app on a tablet, on our unreliable WiFi... thats when the issues started emerging (ie. 30% of the time, data was missing/corrupt)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,982)