Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
blue_lotus
Level: Powered On

message to worn a user that form is locked for editing by another user

Hello community,

Does anyone know how I can warn a user that the form is currently locked for editing by another user?

I have several person entering data int he same form, and if they press submit at exactly the same time, there are some conflict.

I'd like to avoid that.

Thanks in advanc for your help,

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: message to worn a user that form is locked for editing by another user

Hi @blue_lotus ,

If multiple users edit the same record at the same time, only single one user could edit the record, the other users would face conflict error within their app.

More details about the errors type within the app when submitting the form, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-errors#description

Currently, you could re-edit the same record only when the other user saved his/her modification into the SP list.

Best regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MattyH
Level 8

@blue_lotus ,

Do you mean a warning to show a user when a form is already being used, similar to what you would get in, for instance, a Word or Excel document, if another user is editing the document?

If so, I have been looking for something similar for a week or more now, and have been unable to come up with anything, so would be most interested in a solution!

Matty H

blue_lotus

yes, that's exactly what i am looking for.
but I don't have an answer at the moment...

blue_lotus

actually, I'm not talking about editing a record, I'm taloking about submitting a record.

I did the test and if 2 users on 2 different tablets enter 2 different records at the same time, only one is actually recorded.
the other one vanishes.

also, my source is in an Excel tabel on One drive. If the source happens to be opened, and a user submit a recrd at the same time, once again the record vanishes.

is there a way to prevent that? like a message that would pop up ont he screen sayin that the table is being edited by someone else. and the record could be saved in the cache?

i don't know how to detect that a source / table is being used by another user....

thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,468)