cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumarraj88
Level: Powered On

need big help in determining radio button usage

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to figure out on how can I shoe below format using choice property. It's been 2weeks I am tryign to fix it, however I am not able to do that. I am not an expect in powerApps, due to which trying to get help from anyone of you. Please let me know how can I acheieve this. 

I can use custom radio button property and can add no.of text information. But below look and field require 3 radio buttons for rach choice of a filed. 

screen1.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: need big help in determining radio button usage

Hi @kumarraj88 ,

Do you have any data source involved for this table?  

It seems that you are trying to layout the radio control options horizontally. Please set the Layout propert of the radio button to:

Layout.Horizontal

Then set the Items property to:

[" "," "," "]

Capture.JPG

Then copy this radio button 2 times, insert the label controls in the place you want and with the text you need.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kumarraj88
Level: Powered On

Thanks for your reply. I am able to add three radio buttons, however the space between radio buttons is not available to change. Because if you see my previous picture it needs more space. 

How can I achieve that? 

2. as per the screen shot, I need to capture content 0f the left hand side and need to save that to SharePoint list. How can I save this field based up on LHS and top text? 

SimonPiquer
Level 8

Hi,

As far as I know there is currently no way to change the spacing between the buttons. A quick, but quite ugly fix, is to enter some text in the items property instead of blanks, for instance you could put:

["In SOME interactions","In MOST interactions","In EVERY interaction"]

Then you change the text color to match the background color.

I couldn't find any "idea" for this, so I posted one so that we might get this feature soon.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Control-spacing-between-Horizontal-Radio-Buttons...

Super User
Super User

@kumarraj88 

As was mentioned by others, there is no way to currently set the spacing of the Radio controls.

However, there are other options.  Another one is to use a single radio control in a Horizontal Gallery and then, essentially, use that entire Gallery as your radio control.

Still, you always need something to "identify" with in the Radio control, so, setting the items to blank is not really an option if you expect to have a way to determine if a radio is "checked" or not. 

I have attached an example App (download, open an App in PowerApps, then click File->Open, browse for file you downloaded) that demonstrates the radio control in a horizontal gallery in your sample question list.

I believe it will give you what you need.  Take a look and adapt it to your own app or ask further questions if you run into issues.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,313)