cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iDrive
Level: Powered On

onChange Date Bug

Seeing and unexpected experience with the date field onChange event. I'm attempting to validate a user typed in the required 4 digit year (e.g. 2019) instead of the 2 digit abbreviation (e.g. 19) and came across this issue. On a single line of text field (SLOT) when the field loses focus (e.g. user clicks to another field) the onChange fires for that SLOT field. On the other hand, in a date field the onChange event only occurs if a user enters a valid date and when the valid date is entered it fires immediately (not when the focus changes). I setup the a test list showing some onChange experiences and the inconsistencies with the onChange event between the SLOT and the date fields.

Single Line of Text onChange:

UpdateContext({
varSLOT: DataCardValueSLOT.Text
})

Date Only onChange:

UpdateContext({
varDate: Text(DataCardValueDate.SelectedDate)
})

In action (Imgur link if embed below doesn't work):
onChangeDateBugPowerApps.gifScreen recording of bugIt'd be great if someone on the PowerApps team could chime in to confirm if this is a known bug and/or if a fix is in the works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iDrive

Re: onChange Date Bug

I put in a support ticket and demonstrated the issue to the tech but was told this is "by design" but in the same breathe "we'll take this to our team for a feature enhancement." Disappointing response but wanted to close this out for any others that come across this issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
iDrive

Bumping this up. Is there a dedicated bug tracker/reporting site?

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @iDrive I'm sorry to see you're experiencing this issue. Your best bet would be to submit a support ticket so the Product Team can diagnose the issue and track the fixes that need to be made. 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

@TopShelf-MSFT

iDrive

I put in a support ticket and demonstrated the issue to the tech but was told this is "by design" but in the same breathe "we'll take this to our team for a feature enhancement." Disappointing response but wanted to close this out for any others that come across this issue.

View solution in original post

billblais

Thanks for following through on this @iDrive . I'm stymied by this as well. Agreed that is a very frustrating response (why behave differently 'by design'?), but here's hoping someone will see sense.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 240 members 6,552 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: