cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
geneZebra
Level 8

onedrive for business connection how to find the excel file being used in a powerapp?

I've been working with Powerapps for a few months and I can't seem to find a way to know what excel file is being used as the data source. The documentation for the onedrive connector talks about file operations which makes sense but almost every excel file based data sourced app I've seen makes the connection via one drive. When developing my app, I am playing with various sets of test data so I would like to know which sheets are being used. Also when deploying the app, I need to make sure the excel sheet is in an accessible area othewise this the app fails. 

My guess is that one drive is somehow wrapping the excel connector but it is not clear how or is the excel online or simple excel connector? 

Thanks in advance for any insight or advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: onedrive for business connection how to find the excel file being used in a powerapp?

Hi @geneZebra ,

It is true that you cannot see the file name of the table you connected to PowerApps in data source area. It only shows the table name:
Capture.JPG

If you need this feature, please post an idea in below forum where others could vote on it so that if might be considered for future release:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: onedrive for business connection how to find the excel file being used in a powerapp?

Hi @geneZebra ,

It is true that you cannot see the file name of the table you connected to PowerApps in data source area. It only shows the table name:
Capture.JPG

If you need this feature, please post an idea in below forum where others could vote on it so that if might be considered for future release:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

geneZebra
Level 8

Any advice on how to work with an app that uses a private sheet for development but a public sheet for distrubution? I am finding I need to delete all my data sources and reinsert them each time I publish. I also see some sample templates like the sample budget apps creates a data source if run the first time. Is this something only Microsoft can do?

I can post in a separate thread if this is too far off from my original post. I would think is a common obstacle that holpefully is easier to deal with then having to delete and recreate the sources.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,454)