cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OT786
Level: Powered On

pdfviewer format

Hey guys,

In pdfviewer the jpg format is not supported and it is expecting pdf format and there is no way to upload custom pdf. What to do?

Any information regarding the above will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OT786

Re: pdfviewer format

Hey

The solution provided by you is not working. I had followed the same steps but still I am unable to open jpg file in pdf viewer. Could you please another solution to do so?

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @OT786 

Yes, the pdf viewer supports jpg/ jpeg formats. For doing so, please follow.

1) Change the pdf file extension to jpg. Please make sure the file is converted properly from pdf to jpg. It's name should not be in format FileName.jpg.pdf

2) Upload it in the media as image.

3) In the "Document" property of the PDF viewer, add this added image file.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @OT786 ,

Do you want to upload local PDF files into your app?

Currently, there is no direct way to upload local PDF files into an app. As an alternative solution, I agree with @yashag2255 's thought almost.

You could consider rename your local PDF file as jpg file, e.g. Custom.pdf --> Custom.jpg, then upload the Custom.jpg using the Media functionality. Then within your PDF Viewer control, set the Document property to following:

Custom.jpg

More details about uploading jpg files as Media file, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-images-pictures-audio-video

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
OT786

Hey

The solution provided by you is not working. I had followed the same steps but still I am unable to open jpg file in pdf viewer. Could you please another solution to do so?

Thanks

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @OT786 

That's really strange. Can you try to repeat the same procedure after clearing the cache of your browser? Also, pdf viewer is currently in experimental feature so we do not have much flexibility over the control. Also, please try once with a different browser, for me it works fine with Chrome.

If you still see the issue, I would recommend you to save the file on an online cloud platform and refer to it using the url.

P.S. Bymistake while replying I clicked the Accept Solution and turns out that cannot be reversed. Please keep on posting in case you come across issues on this thread and mark the response that most helped you as a solution. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,712)