cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanCampbell
Level: Powered On

powerapp reports Error "NoResponse" from Flow when sql query returns no results

HI all,

I've created a powrapp with a flow that is being used to pass a SQL query to an Azure SQL database, this works fine and returns data, however if the query doesn't return any data I get an error, this occurs every time the query returns no results.  Any thoughts on how I can stop this from popping up, as there is no issue, just no data to be shown

No automatic alt text available.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: powerapp reports Error "NoResponse" from Flow when sql query returns no results

Hi @AlanCampbell,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Further, could you please show more details about the formula within your app?

If you want to stop this error message from popping up, I think the IfError() function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSelect property of the Button control to following formula:

IfError(
SQLQueryMemberActivity.Run(),
Notify("No data returned!",NotificationType.Warning)
)

Note: If you want to use IfError function within your app, you must turn on/enable the "Formula-leave error management" option within the Advanced Settings of App settings firstly (App settings-> Advanced Settings-> "Formula-leave error management"). 2.JPG

More details about the IfError function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

IfError function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hugovankeulen
Level: Powered On

Re: powerapp reports Error "NoResponse" from Flow when sql query returns no results

I have the same problem. If the Flow/SQL is returning an empty result, a red error popup is shown on the mobile devices, however not in the browser of a desktop/laptop.

The IfError solution is working on the desktop\browser but not on the mobile apps.

The solution is to make a query that is always returning at least one record. You have to add a 'dummy' record and remove that record from the local collection. You can do this with T-SQL command: UNION ALL

Example:

This is the sql query that  is put in the label LabelSQLQuery:

"SELECT z.Project as Project,sum(z.aantaluur) as toturen

FROM

(SELECT d.Project,d.Aantaluur FROM doorgeboekteurenperpersoonpowerapps as d WHERE (d.Jaar+d.Week/100) >= " & (TextJaarStartFlow.Text) & "."  & Left(Text(100*Value(TextWeekStartFlow.Text)/100;"[$-nl-NL]0#");2)  & " And (d.Jaar+d.Week/100) <= " & TextJaarEindFlow.Text & "." &  Left(Text(100*Value(TextWeekEindFlow.Text)/100;"[$-nl-NL]0#");2) & " And d.Persoon = '" & DropdownPersoonPeriodeFlow.Selected.Persoon

& "' UNION ALL SELECT 'dummy project' ,0) as z"

& "  group by z.Project order by z.Project"

The part UNION ALL SELECT 'dummy project' ,0 adds a “ dummy”  record to the result. So there is always at least 1 record returned by the sql server.

The flow is called from a button with the code:

ClearCollect(queryResults2;GetSQLQuery.Run(LabelSQLQuery.Text));;Remove( queryResults2;First( Filter ( queryResults2; Project="dummy project" ) ) )

The dummy record is removed from the collection with :

Remove( queryResults2;First( Filter ( queryResults2; Project="dummy project" ) ) )

If the dummy record is the only record from the query you see the record for a moment in the gallery before it is deleted. If there are more records, you cannot notice this at all.

I hope this helps and if someone has a more elegant solution, please let me know

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

adding in @GregLi and @JonL-MSFT to review and assist with this SQL/Flow question. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,294)