cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkatrao
Level: Power Up

"Activity Type" from Activity entity in Dynamics 365 not available in datasource.

I have a gallery where i want to show all of my activities as well as their type from Dynamics 365 (CRM). The activities get listed just fine but there is no way for me to show what kind of activities they are. For some reason, the "Activity Type" field from teh Activity entity doesn't show up in the list of fields available. Anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Activity Type" from Activity entity in Dynamics 365 not available in datasource.

I have also experienced this for the field "activity type", which is named activitytypecode.

There are quite a lot of Dynamics 365 fields that do not appear in PowerApps for some reason. Even if you try to put the name of the field manually, it will not be recognized.

For instance, you have this problem in the entity appointments with the fields requiredattendees and optionalattendees.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: "Activity Type" from Activity entity in Dynamics 365 not available in datasource.

Please take a try with the following value:

_serviceid_type

Or

_regardingobjectid_type

See if the value above would show the "Activity type " you mentioned.

Adding the entity reference:

Activity entities

ActivityPointer(Activity) entity

Edited:

Adding more reference

Entivity type

I will take a further look at the fields which can't be loaded.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-micsh-msft Hi Michael,

Thank you for your answer.

Sadly, _serviceid_type returns a blank/null value, and _regardingobjectid_type returns for instance "account", "opportunity", etc. It is not the type of activity.

For adding more references, I don't understand how datasources like ActivityPointer can be loaded into PowerApps. it does not appear in the list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,739)