cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafaelxk
Level: Powered On

"An error occurred during authentication" Some users cannot connect to SharePoint

Issue:
I have created a PowerApp in my organization ( it uses a SherPoint List) and it works just fine for most of the users. As it supposed to be, the users are prompted to allow access to SharePoint on first access.

The problem is that some users, even though logged in SharePoint, get an error message:

"An error occurred during authentication.
Session ID: 534c2d7c-ef0a-4f4e-8611-cd619435f5d"

Also, when I they try to change the connections manually on PowerApps menu, they get error during authentication (Third box on the image)

All users have proper access and can see the App, but not use it (The app is properly shared with them)

Anyone have faced this issue before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rafaelxk

Re: "An error occurred during authentication" Some users cannot connect to SharePoint

Yes. It is working for me as well.

It seems the problem has been solved. =D

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: "An error occurred during authentication" Some users cannot connect to SharePoint

Hi @rafaelxk,

Do your users have the proper permission on the SharePoint list site? For a shared app to function as you expect, you must also manage permissions for the data source or sources on which the app is based, in your case, it's SharePoint list. Please make sure that your users can access and edit records in this list.

For your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PA

Hi. I think a few people are getting this error. See below posts

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Sign-in-Issues-Sharepoint-list-form-doesn-t-a...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Problems-sharing-app/m-p/193639#M63040

The IT infrastructure guys at my organisation think it might be a change Microsoft have made that means we need to update something, but we are not sure what. Real shame because we are trying to launch two apps at the moment that are getting delayed

@EvanChakiMSFT was looking at it yesterday

rafaelxk

Hi, @v-monli-msft .... thanks for the reply.

The users have permission to open and alter the Sharepoint Lists. They can do it if they enter the list directly, but not through PowerApps.  They can do it with the standard form when you click on "+ New" on the Sharepoint list.

The standard form works just fine, but when I created a custom form (With PowerApps) it also presented the same error.

rafaelxk

Thank you very much for your reply.... it seems to me that there is actually a problem that cannot be solved by the users. Is that correct?

rafaelxk

A update:
Connections to SharePoint are failing from PowerApps AND from Flow.

Now, not only the apps, but the automated reports are also not working.

Still no solution.

PA

@rafaelxk It seems to be working for me. Has anything changed for you?
rafaelxk

Yes. It is working for me as well.

It seems the problem has been solved. =D

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,524)