Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mike_KaiserPerm
Level: Powered On

"Getting Your Data" message

Hi

I built an app that is connected to Excel in Onedrive.   The form is rather long, maybe 20-30 fields.

Once I submit the data, it comes back with "Getting your Data" message.  

Any ideas on why this is?

It is in fact saving the data from the form but it ends like this and it's not a very comfortable user experience.

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: "Getting Your Data" message

Hi @Mike_KaiserPerm ,

Actually, there is no need to apply this statement, because when the FormMode is New, the items property is not required, so you can put varPatName into Items property of Form directly.

Then, After you submit a new record, the Form will return into the Edit mode(Reference: SubmitForm ), and show the varPatName record.

So I guess there is something wrong at this point. Could you share the codes of this variable? Also please check the variable has been defined before you submit the new record. 

1. If you want to show the record you just submit after submitting form, set the following formula to OnSuccess of form:

Set(varPatName,Form1.LastSubmit)

2. If you want keep creating new record, set the following formula to OnSelect of submit button

SubmitForm(Form1);NewForm(Form1)

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @Mike_KaiserPerm ,

It seems there is something wrong with your Items property of form.

What do you want form to display after you submit the form?

Once submitting the form, the form will turn into the Edit mode. so two scenarios:

1. If you want to show the record you just submit, set the following formula to Items of Form

LookUp(test1,ID=Form1.LastSubmit.ID)

2. If you want keep creating new record, set the following formula to OnSelect of submit button

If this doesn't make sense, please share more details with your apps

Best regards,

Sik

Mike_KaiserPerm
Level: Powered On

Hi -

This makes sense but not sure how to integrate this into my app.

I have the following statement in ITEMS now for my form:

• If(varMode="New",Defaults(CASEDATA),varPatName)

I am using the form for both editing and new data entry.   

-The varMode determines if I'm editing or on a new record. 

-The source table is CASEDATA.   

-Not sure really why I am using Defaults at this point as my base excel sheet does not have default values so this essentially gets set by the forms defaults if any.   

-The varPatName is the name of the record I want to pull up when editing. 

Seems like a need another branch in the logic to determine if the form has just been submitted and change varMODE to "EDIT" and use the lookup to bring back that last patient.  Does that seem efficient to you?

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @Mike_KaiserPerm ,

Actually, there is no need to apply this statement, because when the FormMode is New, the items property is not required, so you can put varPatName into Items property of Form directly.

Then, After you submit a new record, the Form will return into the Edit mode(Reference: SubmitForm ), and show the varPatName record.

So I guess there is something wrong at this point. Could you share the codes of this variable? Also please check the variable has been defined before you submit the new record. 

1. If you want to show the record you just submit after submitting form, set the following formula to OnSuccess of form:

Set(varPatName,Form1.LastSubmit)

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,274)