cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
antonio_piernav
Level: Powered On

report with image in excel, word or pdf

Good morning, I need help, I have an application connected to the CDS database, the application collects data and a photo. What I need is to create a flow and that when pressing a button in the app an excel or a word is sent by mail with the data of the entry and the image. a kind of report to be understood. can anybody help me?

3 REPLIES 3
PavanKumar
Level 8

Re: report with image in excel, word or pdf

HI, Following blog helps you to send image and data in a pdf. http://johnliu.net/blog/2017/10/generate-any-pdf-documents-from-html-with-flow if this answers your question mark it as verified. Regards, Pavan Kumar Garlapati
antonio_piernav
Level: Powered On

No. I have CDS 2.0 not sharepoint. and in this example it is not clear, and I do not understand anything

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @antonio_piernav 

Currently this is not supported as a direct action and it is recommended not to overpopulate the CDS by storing the reports and attachments over there and hence you can get the data rows from CDS and then pass it through powerapps and flow via sharepoint to an email box as a destination. 

You can refer to my blog where I have showed the functionality of how you can pass data/photos and audio from PowerApps to Flow, following the same procedure you can do this for the CDS entities.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 277 members 5,570 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: