cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
azzamkaz
Level: Powered On

select 2 checkbox problem

Hello guys I'm trying to do a page using checkbox more then 2...but now I'm trying with 2 checkbox and text

but when I'm selected 2 box only 1 data go save in excel table....how do I want to make 2 data save in excel 1 row...

If success i'll proceed with more then 2 checkbox..

Here the screenshot and the code I used:

1.PNG2.PNG

Any solution for this problem? Hopefully I can get hep ASAP

Rgd

Azzam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: select 2 checkbox problem

Good morning!

You do two calls to Patch, so naturally you get two records in the database. If you want only one record, you have to make only one call to Patch!

Patch(Table1_1, Defaults(Table1_1), {NAME:User().FullName,RESULT1:Checkbox1.Text, RESULT2.Checkbox2.Text})

What you also might want to do is to check if a checkbox have been clicked, so you have to add an If-statement:

Patch(Table1_1, Defaults(Table1_1), {NAME:User().FullName, If(Checkbox1.Value, RESULT1:Checkbox1.Text), If(Checkbox2.Value, RESULT2.Checkbox2.Text)})

Lastly, you might want to store the current user in a variable at app start, using either Set or UpdateContext, so you don't have to do the time consuming call to User() every time.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Good morning!

You do two calls to Patch, so naturally you get two records in the database. If you want only one record, you have to make only one call to Patch!

Patch(Table1_1, Defaults(Table1_1), {NAME:User().FullName,RESULT1:Checkbox1.Text, RESULT2.Checkbox2.Text})

What you also might want to do is to check if a checkbox have been clicked, so you have to add an If-statement:

Patch(Table1_1, Defaults(Table1_1), {NAME:User().FullName, If(Checkbox1.Value, RESULT1:Checkbox1.Text), If(Checkbox2.Value, RESULT2.Checkbox2.Text)})

Lastly, you might want to store the current user in a variable at app start, using either Set or UpdateContext, so you don't have to do the time consuming call to User() every time.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

azzamkaz
Level: Powered On

Thank you for your solutions...kindly apperciate it.. @BitLord69

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,992)