cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lknudson1
Level: Powered On

sending email from multiple users using gmail mail connector

When adding the Gmail Mail connector, you need to sign into an account with your google account name and password.

I set up Send Email with OnSelect setting of button in powerapps screen. That works fine - sends email to selected receipient from my google mail account.

However, I need to allow many others to send from their own email accounts using the one google mail connector.  Is this possible?  Do I have to add separate google mail connectors for each person?

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: sending email from multiple users using gmail mail connector

Hi @lknudson1 ,

Do you want to share your app with other users, and the other users could send email from their own google email accounts through the single one GMail connector?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think it is not necessary to add separate GMail connectors for each person.

If you share your app (includes the GMail connector) with the other users (who are in your Org), when the other users run this shared app, it would ask them to provide their own credentials to connect to the GMail connector within this shared app rather than use your credential.

More details about sharing app resources within PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lknudson1 ,

Do you want to share your app with other users, and the other users could send email from their own google email accounts through the single one GMail connector?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think it is not necessary to add separate GMail connectors for each person.

If you share your app (includes the GMail connector) with the other users (who are in your Org), when the other users run this shared app, it would ask them to provide their own credentials to connect to the GMail connector within this shared app rather than use your credential.

More details about sharing app resources within PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
lknudson
Level: Powered On

Hi,

Yes, you can just use the one GMail connector in the app, and others will be prompted to sign in and "allow" that connector's rights.  It was a little quirky in my first test.  After signing in and saying 'yes, Allow', I got an error 

["No consent server information was associated with this request."].  However after signing in again and "allow" again, it proceded and I could send email through the GMail connector and send mail from their account.

I guess if I had just followed through earlier (logging into app under another account with the one GMail connector), I would have stumbled across it.  But I could not find anywhere searching the documentation and web where it actually gave any information about this specifically.  Thanks again for your answer!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,296)