cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sscarcella
Level 8

sharepoint support

There needs to be more support for using Powerapps with SharePoint.  Every day I set out to replace one of my InfoPath forms with Powerapps and I end up hitting my head against a brick wall with things not supported with SharePoint.  We need the capability to use functions to Search IN, Filter, Cascade, Lookups, etc.  It appears that Powerapps supports these function partially but does no good to support Lookup Fields if you cannot cascade them and filter them.  Search is is an important capability too but only having StartsWith is somewhat limiting, its crazy the steps you have to go through to get a users manager, and dont get me started on Cascading lookup fields.  The rules feature is great but when will we be able to set another fields value with them.  These are things we did so easily in Infopath and I keep getting the blue warning symbol which I assume means not available at this time but may be available in the future but it would be nice to get an update on SharePoint integration specific features...  After years of trying to get employees to use SharePoint, I hate to have to pull everything and go back to using SQL or the new CDS.  More templates that use SharePoint would be very usefull too.

Tag:  @Audrie-MSFT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Automate Staff Audrie-MSFT
Power Automate Staff

Re: sharepoint support

You make very good points. I am working with team members to get a detailed response here as to what is upcoming in the area of SharePoint integration @KeremY In the meantime this page explains the supported functions today:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/delegation-list/

I did want to comment on the side statement regarding 'responsive' design which is planned but a ways out. You can create 1 app and it will work on all devices, you should not have to create multiple apps. A phone format will work on a tablet device, as well as a desktop. I always use a tablet format however for desktop, and/or iPads because I can adjust the aspect ratio. Also see this small video where I showed how to turn an app from SharePoint into landscape mode, which would work better on the desktop in many cases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGhiNakRx6Q

Thanks for your patience. You should have a comment from one of our team members regarding views and SharePoint support shortly.

If you have ideas on SharePoint integration - or other new features, please continue to post them in the Ideas Forum too so others may vote on them.

Respectfully,

Audrie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Meneghino
Level 10

I have to agree with @sscarcella

There are also limitations with SQL and CDS, that are no less frustrating (e.g. views, patching nulls etc.)

However progress does seem to be happening, we are in a much better place that a year ago.

sscarcella
Level 8

That is another good thing, being able to connect to specific Views would solve a bunch of problems then the list could already be filtered down to less than 500 items or to the current year, quarter, month you want to see and Powerapps wouldnt have to do all the filtering/sorting.  But I agree too that it is far better than a year ago and it seems to be a really cool product.  I also wonder if there will be an easy way to make them responsive so that when you develop for tablet it will scale down to phone instead of having to build and maintain two apps.

Power Automate Staff Audrie-MSFT
Power Automate Staff

You make very good points. I am working with team members to get a detailed response here as to what is upcoming in the area of SharePoint integration @KeremY In the meantime this page explains the supported functions today:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/delegation-list/

I did want to comment on the side statement regarding 'responsive' design which is planned but a ways out. You can create 1 app and it will work on all devices, you should not have to create multiple apps. A phone format will work on a tablet device, as well as a desktop. I always use a tablet format however for desktop, and/or iPads because I can adjust the aspect ratio. Also see this small video where I showed how to turn an app from SharePoint into landscape mode, which would work better on the desktop in many cases: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGhiNakRx6Q

Thanks for your patience. You should have a comment from one of our team members regarding views and SharePoint support shortly.

If you have ideas on SharePoint integration - or other new features, please continue to post them in the Ideas Forum too so others may vote on them.

Respectfully,

Audrie

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,556)