cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aswet
Level: Powered On

(=) suddenly Invalid argument

Suddenly most of the galleries and text items where filter and count formulas are used stopped working. It shows nothing and a warning states "Invalid argument type" where the "=" syntax is used. I.e CountIf('Open Critical Incidents',Status="Active") and Filter(Messages,Visibility="Visible"). Source is Sharepoint online lists.

My whole app is now not working cause of this error. It stopped working without me doing any change to the source or to the app,

BR

Asbjørn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mrunal

Re: (=) suddenly Invalid argument

You can try like this

CountIf('Open Critical Incidents',Status.Value="Active") and Filter(Messages,Visibility.Value="Visible").

You need to add .Value property. Hope this will works for you

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

May you try change = to in or exactin and see what happens? and if possible,

"Visible" in Visibility.

hpkeong
Aswet

Thanks for the suggestion! Tried; Filter(Messages, "Visible" in Visibility) but no Luck another error message on argument not supported Aswet
hpkeong
Level 10

Hi

Too bad!

May you try remove the files, and Add again?

If not, try to re-create table and add again.

It may due to datasources corruption, as it happened to me before.

Thanks

hpkeong
Aswet

Hi, what do you mean by remove files? I have tried to remove connections and added them again, with no luck. The strange part is also that if I remove the filter in a gallery, the list shows all fine. So connections are working.
Mrunal

You can try like this

CountIf('Open Critical Incidents',Status.Value="Active") and Filter(Messages,Visibility.Value="Visible").

You need to add .Value property. Hope this will works for you

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Aswet

Thanks, the .Value worked!

Strange that things like this just happens. Someone must have change the syntax qualifier.

MartyR

Some additional information.  This happened to me when the data source was a SharePoint list and the SharePoint column type was defined as "Custom (menu to choose from)."  In that case, adding .Value fixed the problem.  SharePoint columns that were "Single line of text" continued to work without the .Value qualifier.  Adding .Value to a field derived from a "Single line of text column" generated an error.  Last week both Custom and Single Line Text fields worked properly without the qualifier.  In addition, the problem not only occurs with the comparisons operator (=) but also with the Text attribute of text fields. 

Wilfred
Level: Power Up

When I add the .value, I get the next error: invalid use of '.'

[code]

If(type.Value="All",Tickets,If(type.Value="Tickets older than 3 days", Filter(Tickets,   DateCreated <> datetype && DateCreated <> Text(Today()), DateCreated <> Text(DateAdd(Today(), -2)),DateCreated <> Text(DateAdd(Today(), -1))|| DateClosed <> datetype && DateClosed <> Text(Today()), DateClosed <> Text(DateAdd(Today(),-2)),DateClosed <> Text(DateAdd(Today(), -1))),If(type.Value="Tickets opened today",Filter(Tickets,datetype in DateCreated),If(type="Tickets closed today",Filter(Tickets,datetype in DateClosed),Filter(Tickets,type.Value in Status)))))

[/code]

ferso

Hi, I have an invalid argument type error that suddenly appeared, this is my code, have tried reconnecting the source tables,

table names are correct and also the column names in my table.

Filter(Table_owssvr4, PPMID = GalleryCases.Selected.PPMID)

Any help will be appreciated

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,879)