cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Thefournier351
Level: Powered On

syntax EOF

Please find my attached photos describing my formula problem, any guidance would be much appreciated as I have spent a significant amount of time trying to figure it out and i am sure its something small I am just not seeing.Issue5.3.pngIssue5.1.pngIssue5.2.pngIssue5.4.pngIssue5.5.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: syntax EOF

Ok so those screenshots confirm what I said before:
You are missing  }  to indicate that your update/record to Patch has ended
image.png

(which is why it still says that you are within the update section)

Then you will need two further brackets ) ) to end the Patch( and then the If( surrounding it.

I created a simplified test case to show this - note the spacing so that you can easily see where you are within the code:

image.png

It's also worth noting here that I used your example of Condition.Value=true, but you don't have to do this with boolean items such as toggles as it will evaluate it when called directly, so you could just have for example:
If(AirFilterToggle && BatteryToggle 
and for false values:
If(!AirFilterToggle && !BatteryToggle 

So anyway, the Test App looks like this (I have attached it as an .msapp):

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Now If I remove the } ) ) I mentioned before it still thinks we are within the Update section:

image.png

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Thefournier351

also disregard the hidden code as I am not using it currently in the app it is just code written to employ at a later date

Super User
Super User

Could you paste the entire IsBlank&Patch section as text - it looks like you're just missing a ) or two somewhere but I can't see past the last line in your screenshot and it's going to be after OperatingControls: First

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Thefournier351

Issue1.pngIssue2.pngIssue3.pngIssue4.pngIssue5.png

I posted every picture of the code to cover all my bases let me know if you need something else in particular

Super User
Super User

Ok brilliant thanks,

Looks like these are missing:

image.png

from here:

image.png

Could you amend the last part to be:

("True") , ("False")) } ))

And then let me know if that still has errors?

Thefournier351

it writes the entire formula red and wrong

BrianR
Level 10

Remove the lonely semicolon at the end of your comment block.  Most likely that is the issue.

Thefournier351

I have done that and then it expects an operator

Super User
Super User

Ok,

There's also an error in your FireExtinguisherToggle which should be FireExtinguisherToggle.Value

image.png

Once you've corrected that, could you let me know what the higlighted errors say?

And that semi-colon is needed to indicate the end of that block before the next If( starts

Thefournier351

I caught that mistake last night as i took these screenshots so the issues are present after that has been fixed

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,262)