cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
racheljgood119
Level: Powered On

Re: the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values

I have this exact same problem! Did you solve it?????

racheljgood119

Re: the property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Record values

I have the same issue. Have you had any luck?
racheljgood119

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 8.40.28 PM.png

This is what I see when I try to pull data from the field that has lookup data in it. I get the Cautionary Triangle of Death and it says "the property expects text values".  I just want it to display the text value from the lookout field but I don't know how. 

Highlighted
racheljgood119

This is what I see when I try to pull data from the field that has lookup data in it. I get the Cautionary Triangle of Death and it says "the property expects text values".  I just want it to display the text value from the lookout field but I don't know how. 

racheljgood119

@Tom_Slosse This is what I see when I try and get the Lookup Field to display on the browse screen. I get the triangle of death telling me that "the property expects text values" Any ideas on what I should do? Talk to me like I don't know what I am doing.....

Microsoft Michael
Microsoft

To drill down further into a record, add a "." to see what properties are available in it. Most likely, the rule you need to use is:

ThisItem.Student_x0020_Name.Value

Super User
Super User

Hey @racheljgood119

Like I said in my first post on this thread and like @Michael said just put the .Value after your code and it should do the trick.

Because a lookup isnt holding text values so you need the Value of the items.

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

racheljgood119

Thank you so so so much!  One more question, when I type in the first few letters of the record in the search box now, nothing comes up. Is there a way to connect the text search box to the values I just set as the first record?

racheljgood119

Thank you so much Michael! That worked and I am overjoyed. The only remaining issue I seem to have is that the student name record I have returning in the display doesn't seem to respond to the search bar mechanism. When I type in the first few letters of a student's name, nothing comes up, yet it filters and sorts just fine. Any ideas?

search bar woes.JPG

Super User
Super User

Hey @racheljgood119

You can do something like this in your TextSearchBox:

Filter(<DataSource>, StartsWith(<YourTextToSearch>,<TextSearchBoxName>.Text))

If its in a gallery your searchbox then you need to go to the Items of the gallery and in the SortByColumns function you should add the above function as the first parameter.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,039)