cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisea123
Level: Powered On

variable not working when app is publisehd

I created an app. (which is a little game) There is no data being transferred from PowerApps to another source. I have variables set (both global and context variables.) I have a screen with images on one screen, if I select one it navigates to another screen. On the second screen is a question. I've placed a global variable to the Yes / No buttons to make the image from the first screen not hide if selected.  When I preview the app all works perfectly. I reset all the variables and saved, published then shared the app. Now when I tried to play the game, all the images are hidden. Is there a step I am missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: variable not working when app is publisehd

Hi @Lisea123 ,

Do you mean that the images that are related to variables are hidden?

Could you show me the formulas about the variables and images?

Please note: the updatacontext is only valid in the current screen. It will be updatacontext when the screen navigate to another. You could pass it by using the Navigate function.

Here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-updatecontext

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Lisea123 ,

Do you mean that the images that are related to variables are hidden?

Could you show me the formulas about the variables and images?

Please note: the updatacontext is only valid in the current screen. It will be updatacontext when the screen navigate to another. You could pass it by using the Navigate function.

Here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-updatecontext

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Lisea123
Level: Powered On

on the button of screen 2 I've done OnSelect - set(Bag1View,false) and on the bag of screen 1, I've done Visible - Bag1view
It works perfectly when I preview the app but when I share and use the link to play the app all the bags on the screen are hidden.  
Also, I would like the app to keep the last variable result as the game will be played once a day for several days and if they've already selected a bag, then I don't want that bag to show on the next day when they open the app and play again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,834)