cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElMeSaFeR
Level: Powered On

view Gallery Items based on some users

Hi, 

I have a Gallery list Items depending on user creator because SharePoint list settings enabled this feature 

SPAdvancedSettings.PNG

so it should be any user see only the items he/she created, and I can't set this setting through PowerApps DispalyMode because users can access SharePoint list direct!

now I have some user - employees admins - they need to list all items from PowerApps direct.

there are some topics talking about this - Filter gallery based on a user - but it's not worked with me 

please I need a help to find a solution for this issue because most of my project depending on this point 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: view Gallery Items based on some users

Hi @ElMeSaFeR,

This permission setting on SharePoint list will also work for PowerApps. You do not need to add any additional settings. When you share this app with UserA, and he open this app from his PowerApps site, PowerApps will prompt for credential of SharePoint connection. After he logs in with his SharePoint account, app will only show the items that he could access with this list (which are the items that are created by himself). 

If you want some users to see all items from PowerApps, then you will have to change the first setting to Read all items in SharePoint site. And then in the app, you could Filter the Gallery with formula like below:

If(User().Email="xxxx" or User().Email="xxxx",ListName,Filter(ListName, Author.Email=User().Email))

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ElMeSaFeR
Level: Powered On

Re: view Gallery Items based on some users

Hi @v-monli-msft

Changing the list settings to "Read All Items" is must but is not enough, I checked before writing this post, but yesterday I made some changes in site permission levels and add the approver user "Approve Items " permission - plus also as you advise me for "Read All Items" - so, now users can see all items!

now I can add Filters in PowerApps for specific approvers to see the items per conditions.

until now I think my inquiry is solved.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 166 members 5,776 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: