cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omarsalgado
Level: Powered On

your camera isn't set up, or you're already using it.

Hello everyone,

I inserted a camera control in my app and in the black space of the camera says: your camera isn't set up, or you're already using it. I am in a laptop and the camera works fine with other softwares such as: skype. Any hints?

Thanks

Omar salgado

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: your camera isn't set up, or you're already using it.

Hi omarsalgado,

Have you enabled the camera on your laptop for PowerApps?

Please try to run your app on another device which has a camera to see if it will work.

My PC doesn’t have a camera, so when I start a camera control in my app on my PC, I am getting the message “your camera isn't set up, or you're already using it”.

While when I run the app on phone or other device which has a camera, it will work as expect.

So please make sure you have gave consent to use the device’s capabilities before you use the app.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi omarsalgado,

Have you enabled the camera on your laptop for PowerApps?

Please try to run your app on another device which has a camera to see if it will work.

My PC doesn’t have a camera, so when I start a camera control in my app on my PC, I am getting the message “your camera isn't set up, or you're already using it”.

While when I run the app on phone or other device which has a camera, it will work as expect.

So please make sure you have gave consent to use the device’s capabilities before you use the app.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

omarsalgado

I am experincing the same problem, the camera works fine in my laptop for every other software... can you please give me a hint of how to enable the camera for powerapps? I am running win 10

Thanks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi omarsalgado,

If you actually have a camera on Windows 10, you could try the way introduced in this doc to enable camera for PowerApps:
https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-camera-and-privacy

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Vignesh8694

I have tried all the options listed here. I am still encountering the same issue. Did anyone find a solution?

littletinner

Did you ever figure this out?  I wasn't having an issue until sometime in the last 2/3 weeks

We are using the scanner to 'log in' to the app and activate various features.

Upon starting the app, the camera works and I can scan, but then when it times out b/c of inactivity or i return back to the homescreen to log in as another user, the scanner shows that error and i cannot scan in.

Highlighted
jolan

Hi everyone,

I have a similar issue @littletinner. I can't use a camera control to take picture and a barcode scanner. On start the Barcode scanner control works fine, then I use my camera control and I can't use my barcode scanner again, until I restart the app. 

dionne21

I am also having the same issue, works the first time then when screen is reloaded I get the camera isn't set up.  I have tried to change the barcode display mode from view back to edit.  I've even try disabling it and reenabling between screens.

littletinner

I recently had some luck when I stumbled across this setting while I was updating another 'new' setting that had to be set inorder to fix something else that stopped working as it had before.  A little frustrating when they hide things like this and make is so you have have to activate special things in order to make things work as they had previously worked.

Toggling the 'enable scan barcode function' restored the camera/scan function that was previously working.

PopsV2

littletinner ...

This one worked for me - good stuff - thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,481)