cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prem4253
Frequent Visitor

2 Screens in Power Apps - Submit the form and send the filled form to specific users to complete the form

Hello Users,

I have created a below Power App form. There are 2 screens within this same form.

Prem4253_0-1654521787804.png

My requirement is :

When a new form is opened, the active screen will be MOP.  Now when MOP fills all the fields and submits the form, the last submitted form should go to PM. (below screen)

Prem4253_1-1654522041704.png

And the PM will updated the fields and save the form and same gets updated to the SharePoint list.

Let me know how the above can be achieved. And if possible please let me know on below:

Secondly also let me know if we can limit the PM screen, so that only specific people will have access to PM screen 

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prem4253 ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Are the two forms on that screen the "Edit form" control?

If they are both Edit forms, when navigating to this screen OnVisible of the screen or in Navigate function on the screen navigate from there should be a variable being created or set. Basically we use Navigate to set a context variable:

Navigate(DestinationScreen,ScreenTransition.None,{varMopFormVisble:true})

On the current screen, Visible of the Mop Form should be varMopFormVisible and Visible of the PM Form should be !varMopFormVisible, so when the screen shows up the Mop form is visible and PM form is hide.

OnSuccess of the Mop form, you need to update the variable to hide the Mop form and show the PM form or Navigate to other screens based on the user access permissions:

If(UsersAccessCondition = true, UpdateContext({varMopFormVisible: false}), Navigate(OtherScreen ))

Here the point is the user access condition, depending on how you define user access.

At last, Item property of the PM Form is set to MopForm.LastSubmit and the two forms should share the same Data Source.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Prem4253
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Let me elaborate more:

• I have a SharePoint list, named as Bills. This list contains 14 fields.
  • I have created only one form into Power Apps
  • Into MOP section, I added 9 fields and into PM section 5 fields are added from the same form.
  • When MOP will fill those 9 fields and click on submit, Power Automate will trigger that an new item is created and will send an email to PM
  • After PM receives an email, he/she should be able to go to the last submitted form (through link in the email, if possible)
  • PM will go to their section (PM Section tab), will update their 5 fields and click save. And the form gets updated to SharePoint

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,488)